Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Photographer Disaster!

Hello, I am wondering if anyone could give me some advice. I’m getting married next May and I have a photographer and videographer from the same company. I was supposed to have my engagement session done on the 7th. I was going on vacation the week before and contacted the company on Aug 29th to see when the photographer was going to call me. He called two hours later and told me he had to reschedule. I went with it and planned to have the session on the 10th at a conservatory in town. During the drive back from vacation, I was thinking about it and thought it was really weird that he is able to reschedule, when the contract I signed said it was supposed to be on the 7th. So I emailed my contact and asked for assurances this would not happen for my wedding day. The lady emailed me back and said they don’t normally schedule engagement sessions on Saturdays, so she thought the photographer was trying to be accommodating, which is frustrating because nothing was said about that when I made the appointment. The photographer then called me and apologized, but he also called to reschedule again! So we scheduled for the 12th. My fiance and I get there and no one else is there. I called the photographer and he was a different place across town! There’s no way we’d be able to get to either place in time. He told me that he usually gets the client’s email address and just didn't with me and that he’d buy me coffee to make up for it. He then told me he would text me to confirm the third reschedule, which he never did. I contacted the company the following Monday and asked for a different photographer. It took them until the 19th to confirm that I had a different photographer and I was told she would call me soon. I have yet to hear from the new photographer. I also got a photo album added to my services (which I don’t really need). Now I’m trying to be patient and understanding, but I mostly want to cancel my contracts and go somewhere else. Am I being too impatient? Should I just call the company again and see what’s going on? I feel like I’m doing a ton of chasing when I shouldn't have too. Any help you can give me is appreciated!

Re: Photographer Disaster!

• I would cancel the contract, even if that meant losing a deposit. They sound very unprofessional and you don't want to have to deal with that on your wedding day.
  • emmyg65 said:
    I would cancel the contract, even if that meant losing a deposit. They sound very unprofessional and you don't want to have to deal with that on your wedding day.
    Ditto! I shy away form large photo companies for this reason. They have a lot of photogs and they aren't always very reliable. They could send any one and you have no guarantee of quality or professionalism. Sorry! Check your local board for suggestions of good photogs in your area. Good luck!
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• I would cancel the contract, even if that meant losing a deposit. They sound very unprofessional and you don't want to have to deal with that on your wedding day.

I agree.  People who can't seem to understand that when you schedule something with someone you have to commit to them for that date and time don't make reliable wedding vendors, and I'd run from them as fast as I can.
  • Cancel the contract and try to find a place that doesn't outsource meaning the owner shoots every wedding. That way you know the quality that you are getting. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards