Second Weddings
Options

Color frustrations

I didn't really want to wear a white dress. My grandmother passed away last year, and left me her pearls. They are ivory, and it is very important to me to wear them. I had selected all of my colors around her pearls. Now, just a week before my dress shopping appointments, my FI tells me he'd rather see me in white because he thinks ivory looks dirty. This is the first opinion he's offered on anything, so it seems important to him. But, I think ivory pearls would look odd with a white dress.
What do I do??

Re: Color frustrations

• Options
    A lighter version of ivory is candlelight and it would still look wonderful with the ivory pearls.  It looks almost white and will photograph white as well.  Another thought is take the pearls with you when you go to your dress shopping appointments and see how it looks. 
  • Options
    I agree with Mikes- there are lots of shades of white that aren't that bright white you think of for a wedding dress. Plus, when you find the one, you'll surely be so stunning in it that your FI won't even notice :)

• Options
    Thank you, ladies! I'm just nervous about it because the pearls are important to me, but ovbiously my dress is important to him!
  • Options
    Understood! Also, FWIW, the dress in my siggy picture is a shade of ivory. It certainly does not look that way in the pics!

• Options
    Take the pearls when you go shopping and you'll be able to make an informed decision. They might not look as odd as odd as you think once you see them on with the dress.  Once on the colors will prolly look more similar with your skin creating a color buffer - ya know, bc the pearls would be directly on the white. =) GL!
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    WonderRedWonderRed member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited September 2013
    My dress is a true ivory but, if not for the champagne/taupe underlay under the lace, it wouldn't look as off white as it does.   I recall there was also an option for "light ivory" that was even closer to white when I bought it.   FWIW, I think pearls are a classic accessory and, unless they are one of those large sets with five big individual  strands,  they'll look just fine with a true white.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards