African American Weddings

The not so new Knotter...

Hello everyone. I'm a new not-so-new Knotter. I had an account years ago when The Knot was brand new and nothing like what it is today. I got married. I got divorced. And now I'm getting married again.

I am a 38 year old woman who has been married before, but has never planned a wedding. My 1st wedding was a JOTP cermony planned by my ex. It was extremely nice and very surprising. He picked the date, planned the details, and took me to where I was suppose to be. He bought himself a navy suit, and me a white 1. Gave me some money and told me to go get my hair, nails and feet done. He said we was gonna play hookie from work (which he never did) and go have lunch together at some high ended restaurant. We walked into what I knew to be the civil service building (I work for my city government), and I caught my reflection in a mirror. As I'm realizing where I am, and what I have on, our mother's jumped out screaming "surprise"! We were married in the lobby witnessed by whomever was walking by. Its a very fond memory that I have of him. But after being divorced almost 10 years, I have met, fell love with my FH.

He and I met on a Greyhound bus...geez me and my adventures, about 3 years ago. I was taking a trip with my BFF and after we couldn't rent a car, we hoped on a GH bus to get us to where we needed to be. FH thought BFF was my boyfriend (yep he's a dude), but soon found out that was a no go. He asked for my number, and we took it from there. We lived in seperate states then, but travel time was only about 2 hours between us so we began a LDR until he moved to California for a better job. When he came home for my birthday a few weeks ago he popped the question and I very much accepted. So here I am again the new not so new Knotter.

Re: The not so new Knotter...

• lol!!!  now that's a story!! (both of em).  Well welcome and congratulations and happy you de-lurked! 

happy re-planning!
  • Thank you for the welcome. I feel much better being here.
  • howdy .. glad to have you and thaks for sharing your story 

Daisypath - (PNE7)
  • Great story! :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Aww!  Sweet story!  Welcome back honey!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Simply Fabulous!
  • Well I am sure going to be anxious to see how your wedding plans develop.  Glad to have you on board.  :)

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• Hey C! Welcome to the board! Did you guys set a date yet?
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Congrats and welcome (back) to the best board on TK...

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• Hey C! Welcome to the board! Did you guys set a date yet?

Yes we did. Saturday May 16, 2015 with a push date to Saturday May 17, 2016 just in case we need to postpone.
  • misstira said:

Congrats and welcome (back) to the best board on TK...

Thank you. I been lurking around reading everything until Monday/Tuesday where I decided to responded in the wrong thread. Jesus those ladies were sssooo rude and judgemental!! OMGoodness they pissed me off so bad wednesday night that everybody got called a b**** a some point. I received a warning, which I deserved, but i was so frustrated and disappointed after that, that I just wanted to close my account. I calmed down, checked myself, and decided to apologize to the thread Thursday, but it didn't get better. In fact it got worse!!! People started inboxing me. I copied the messages and reported them as harressment. I lucked up and found the AA boards...thank goodness!! This (last night/today) has been a totally different experience compared to what it was (earlier in the week). U ladies r actually nice to each other and me!! I swear I was gonna throw in towel and call quits. Now I'm glad that I didn't.
  • Welcome. My ex experience with this board has been nothing but pure joy. The ladies and guy here are wonderful. They are honest and respectful. IMO its just like having long distance sisters. They respond with no judgment and are the best resources for some wonderful ideas.
    I hope you enjoy your planning. It goes by so fast. I look forward to reading your posts and hope you join in the fun.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • cideficidefi member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited September 2013
    TY @Soon to Be Mrs Jay. That's exactly what I hoped to find. I think I will enjoy this now.

And what does IMO mean? I'm still learning...LoL
  • LOL!!!! IMO means: In my opinion
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lol!!!  now that's a story!! (both of em).  Well welcome and congratulations and happy you de-lurked! 

happy re-planning!
    THIS!! Welcome!
  • Congrats and Welcome to the boards :) 
    "Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards