Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Beach Groomsmen

I'm getting married on Myrtle Beach in May.  I have not figured out what I want the groomsmen to wear. My bridesmaids will be different shades of turquoise and aqua dresses.  I know I do not want them in tuxs, I am going for a more relaxed and casual vibe.  I also am not a fan at all of khaki pants and a white button up.  I'm thinking I would like them in shorts. Any ideas?

Re: Beach Groomsmen

• Options
    Is it really warm there in May and suitable for shorts?  Or will it be windy etc.?
  • Options
    As long as you don't find it too casual. I don't think men has dressy short like us ladies do?
  • Options

Depending on how formal (even if their short) the BM dresses are will kind of determine how formal or casual you an go with the guys. For example if the girls were short satin dress, they would look way overdressed to shorts. But a cotton dress would be fine w/shorts.

For shirts for the guys to make them more casual about a short sleeve button down shirt? The kind that are meant to be left tucked out (like Charlie Sheen use to wear on Two and 1/2 men)

• Options
    How formal is your wedding? Their attire should match the formality of the overall event.  

If more formal, I'd have them in a tan suit or khakis with a white button up, tie and navy jacket.  If less formal, khakis with a vest or khakis with any color button down (doesn't have to be white). Do you have an accent color? Pale yellow might look good with the turquoise aqua dresses.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    If it is more formal, something like this might be nice: image
    Or this:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards