Wedding Woes

H stories

He calls to me from the backyard and said that the dog "has something stuck in her nose." I run out and see her going in circles like she is upset and doesn't know what to do with herself. I'm barefoot but I run out into the wet grass and try to catch her. I have to zig zag all over like a lunatic before finally grabbing her. I do not see anything in her nose but bring her over to H so that he can show me what he was seeing. Then he explains to me that he just meant that she was chasing a scent - no actual foreign object in her nasal passage. Good grief. What did he think I was doing chasing her for?

Also, we have been together almost 10 years but yesterday he asked me if I was right or left handed. He honestly did not know.

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: H stories

• "Has something stuck in her nose" doesn't mean what he thinks it means. You need to give him a list of acceptable phrases for every event.
  • hahahahaha
  • tell him to use that phrase again next time you're playing with the grandbaby... *laugh to self as all hell breaks loose*
  • VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited September 2013
    I think DH is right handed.  I know he has craptastic handwriting and prefers to type everything, so it's not like I see him writing that much.  I notice when someone is left handed usually, so he has to be right.

Also, this is hilarious.  I've tried to catch a dog on a scent before, it's is crazy.
  • Give him the bird, and I'm sure he will catch on.
  • @VarunaTT- how many times do you see him eat?
  • I don't like watching people eat, so I tend to not look at anyone directly at dinner.

Yes, I know it's weird.  I think still that he uses his right hand for the fork.  IDK, I just never really paid attention.

I just left a VM.  We'll solve the mystery of "Varuna doesn't pay attention".  :)
  • i will say my dad is left-handed for everything except for handwriting.
  • DH and DS are right handed. I know this because when we go out to dinner, they sit together so no one has to deal with the left handed woman. Maybe DD will be a leftie like me.
  • I'm a lefty but only for eating and writing. I throw, cut, etc with my right hand. It's confusing at times.
  • @Varuna - I think you would know if your DH was left handed, so I'm going with right.

@zsazsa - please post more stupid things your husband says.  It makes me feel better that my DH isn't maybe as bad as I think...   No, nevermind.  He is.
  • H just learned how to use the washer this past summer.  We have had it since 2006. 
  • Nevermind...maybe that just shows how stupid *I* am.  Shit.
  • My DH doesn't understand how/when to use the microwave.  When he wasn't working, he'd call and ask me a million questions about cooking things using the microwave.
    He had never heard the expressions "elbow grease" or "comfort food" until he met me. 
    He was picking up DD at my mom's house one day, and as they were getting in the car to leave, two pest control service salesmen walked up to him.  The salesmen thought he lived there.  They started asking him about his ant problem.  He told them all about the ant problem at OUR house, and couldn't believe they knew he had a problem at all.  So the guys said "lets go inside and take a look".  DH looked at them all confused-like and said "but I don't live here."  My mom overheard all of this and nearly peed her pants laughing.
    Bless his heart
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards