Not Engaged Yet

Weekend Plans?

2»

Re: Weekend Plans?

• Swazzle said:
    Aww, @beanbot2002, they're playing the Raiders! This should be a win for the Skins. I'm picking them, anyway.

Have you been watching the way the Skins have been (not) playing?
    Not that I have much room to talk but heh heh heh ;)

Damn you and your weird birds.
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• @minskat30 Thank you! I'm so excited that they're giving us such a discount. I didn't think we'd be able to get married somewhere so lovely!
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • We are also wedding hunting - Friday we are going to see a second chapel so we can decide between two, and we are negotiating/signing with our reception venue on Saturday morning.

Flowers are part of our reception package (kind of) so we are going to see the florists on Saturday to see what is actually included in the cost (my guess is the most basic centerpieces ever) and then figure out how to move forward with that.

AND if that all goes well - dress shopping Saturday afternoon!!  Eee!

Sunday is going to be a nice lazy day - nothing planned but the Bears game, which is perfect for me!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @phira those are both gorgeous!  Too bad they're not in Chicago, I love that Madera ballroom and wish it was here!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • No plans for tomorrow night, other than catching up on stuff around the house. 

Saturday we are playing bingo, going to the opening of a new crossfit gym owned by my boot camp leader, then going to Oktoberfest.

Sunday we'll do laundry, grocery shopping, and get ready for the week.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• @KateJ16 It's a BEAUTIFUL room, definitely. I'm torn between the two venues like you wouldn't believe. I prefer the set-up for the ceremony in the Madera Ballroom (gorgeous, dramatic fireplace and all), and my fiance prefers it because there's a separate cocktail hour room. But the bridal suite is awkward and tiny, the reception set-up is a little awkward (there's only one place for the sweetheart table to go and we don't like it), and the worst part ... there is NOWHERE to take pictures besides the fireplace area. Outside is a parking lot and a golf course.

The Estate has a photo room in case of inclement weather, and they maintain the grounds year round so you can take pictures outside even in the winter. The downside besides the less dramatic fireplace is that the cocktail hour area is small. We'd be able to extend it up into part of the reception area, though. My mom's coworker (and pseudo-sister-in-law) got married there 5 years ago, with the same number of people as our maximum, and had a great indoor cocktail hour in that space.

We're mostly just hoping that our parents will make the decision for us ...

What kinds of centerpieces do you like? Anything that could start out as simple and then you could DIY a bit to make what you want?
    Anniversary
  • @minskat30 Two weekends ago my parents and I saw Elysium.  Its sci-fi, but I enjoyed it.  We went to Webster Place and followed it up with Webster's Wine bar.  I'd recommend the same to anyone else.

H is headed to Georgia for a football game.  I'm a bad wife and am not sure which school.  I think its Georgia,oops.   I have a friend's shower on Sunday.   Not sure what I'll do with myself the rest of the weekend.  Corn Fest (yes, a festival centered on corn) is happening back home.  I might go back for it.  It's not as hick as it sounds.  There's lots of beer and food tents, and multiple music acts.  Usually one or two are former American Idol contestants.  So its fun to watch. 
    photo bridalparty.jpg
  • @phira I have a very very clear idea of exactly what I want (thank you Pinterest)... blue hydrangeas are my favorite flower, but unfortunately they can be pricey.  But I love the look with the branches coming out of the top.

I can imagine that would be difficult - but it sounds like you really prefer the one over the other, so I say go for it.  Even though one has the fireplace, the other has everything else it sounds like you are looking for (or at least can accomodate what you are looking for!)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The weekend technically started today for me. Doctors appt went well, ultra sound shows a strong heartbeat (we are both really excited at this point)! 

Friday FI and I are picking up my parents at the airport. The big ass rubber duck (from Hong Kong), is making its debut tomorrow at 5:30. Is it bad to admit that I am more excited about this rubber duck than seeing my parents? :-/ 

The night continues with parents going to the Alumni dinner at the school. 

Saturday is homecoming and dinner with the parents.

Sunday: sleeping in, football and prep for the rest of the week. I think FI's friends from the academy are coming over Sunday night to hang out. 
  • minskat30minskat30 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited September 2013

@suzie211 - Thanks for the recommendation.  And any movie followed by Webster's Wine Bar = good time.  :)  Corn Fest sounds like fun!

@bride2b71614 - Yeah for the strong heartbeat!  And that rubber duck is awesome.

@KateJ16 - I hope wedding dress shopping goes well for you.  Post pics if you find the one!

@cu97tiger - Do you and your H play bingo often?  I think that is pretty nifty.

• The weekend technically started today for me. Doctors appt went well, ultra sound shows a strong heartbeat (we are both really excited at this point)! 

Friday FI and I are picking up my parents at the airport. The big ass rubber duck (from Hong Kong), is making its debut tomorrow at 5:30. Is it bad to admit that I am more excited about this rubber duck than seeing my parents? :-/ 

The night continues with parents going to the Alumni dinner at the school. 

Saturday is homecoming and dinner with the parents.

Sunday: sleeping in, football and prep for the rest of the week. I think FI's friends from the academy are coming over Sunday night to hang out. 
    Did they date it? When are you due?
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• @phira - you can take nice pictures on a golf course:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Yay for weekends, and @minskat30, so exciting to book your trip to India! :D

So tonight isn't part of the weekend, but BF and I are getting STEAK! So I feel like that's reason to be happy. Longhorn is having a $12.99 salad, steak, and dessert thing, so we're totally doing that. I have missed him. And also food other than PB & J sandwiches.

This weekend is a whole lotta studying for Monday's exam and working. The two fun/out-of-the-ordinary things are:
    -My brother and I are going to the Renaissance Festival Saturday afternoon.
    -BFF and I are getting breakfast on Saturday morning. She's going to tell me about her trip to Bolivia (awesome!), and I'm going to tell her I'm too broke and frazzled to be a bridesmaid (not awesome *sad face*).
  • @Beanbot2002. I was worried because my family has a history of ectopic pregnancies, so I wanted to make sure that this wasn't the case with our child. They tend to do dating ultrasounds at ten weeks, but because of the circumstances (and because I am neurotic), I demanded that I do an trans-vag ultrasound (TMI sorry). Despite the ten week mark being the magical number to hear a heartbeat and to get a dating ultrasound, we managed to hear the heartbeat at seven weeks. That being said they are estimating May 13th as the big day, and FI and I couldn't be more anxious and excited at the same time. 
  • @buddysmom80 - Your post about the cash bar/no seat wedding made me VERY happy that the one wedding BF and I are invited to within the next year will be having an open bar! We literally got the STD yesterday where the couple included 4 photos from their engagement shoot and in one of them the guy is holding up a sign that says "We're having an open bar!" and the girl is hold one that says "(and a wedding)" I love it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @kateJ16 That's a really pretty centerpiece! It's honestly pretty simple, I think--hopefully the florist can work with your budget to make something similar.

@cu97tiger Those are lovely pics :) Unfortunately, the golf course near this venue is really not very pretty (and likely won't be in November). Nothing really exciting about it, just grass and trees and some sand traps. We'll try to get a better idea of it when we go on Sunday, but my partner and I weren't too thrilled with the aesthetics. Basically, for a golf course, it's not very nice looking.
    Anniversary
  • I have to work until early tomorrow evening, but it isn't too bad.

We were supposed to have some friends over for a barbecue on Saturday, but BF says he won't be home most of the weekend.  So I guess I get to relax all Saturday and not clean the house.  

I'm hoping to sleep through most of Sunday daytime because I work from 7pm Sunday night to 3am Monday morning doing inventory for my work.  I don't really want to, but it's something I'm going to have to learn if I want to move up in my store.
  • Just found out that I don't have class tomorrow! I was sick on Monday (class meets Mondays and Fridays), and then didn't ever get an email with the weekly paper. I finally emailed my classmate asking if I was just accidentally left off the mailing list. Turns out, the prof isn't on campus tomorrow, so there's no paper. Hooray! Means I can get some actual work done in the lab.
    Anniversary
  • @bride2b71614 I have a history of early mc, so with this one they started doing US at 5/6 weeks with me. They were able to find the heartbeat and date me then. We have an 11 yr old and soooooo much has changed with prenatal care in those 11 yrs. There is a shit ton of new fandangle technology out there now. We're due 3/7, so I'm just short of being halfway there.

• Sounds like everyone has a good weekend planned! Good luck @phira and @KateJ16 with wedding stuff!

My weekend is kind of fluid. I'm working from home today (first time ever!) so I got up at my usual get ready for work time and took the pup for a walk with a little bit of running. She's young and still growing so I don't want to overstrain her but she also seems to be a pretty high-energy dog so I figured now was as good a time as any to start training her. Now I'm sitting in my kitchen reading master agreements between my company and the client so I can familiarize myself with the standards that should occur in the work orders that I'll be conducting negotiations on. Later, I'm meeting my mom and @southernpeach89 for tasty BBQ for lunch today!

Tomorrow I think I'm going to go help two friend's load up a U-Haul for their big move to Indy. My friend's H (who works with BF) got a new job so they are abandoning us. :( I think we're tentatively planning on having friends over for a cookout and games later that evening so I'll spend Saturday afternoon and tonight making sure the house isn't a disaster area. Sunday BF and I are going to get up early and go grocery shopping. We had a really big grown-up budget discussion on Wednesday night and decided that we need to get serious about how we're spending and saving our money. We have a lot of big projects we need to complete for our house and IMO the way we're saving money now isn't efficient. After grocery shopping we'll probably devote the rest of the day to doing yard-work and stuff around the house.

• @Beanbot2002. I was worried because my family has a history of ectopic pregnancies, so I wanted to make sure that this wasn't the case with our child. They tend to do dating ultrasounds at ten weeks, but because of the circumstances (and because I am neurotic), I demanded that I do an trans-vag ultrasound (TMI sorry). Despite the ten week mark being the magical number to hear a heartbeat and to get a dating ultrasound, we managed to hear the heartbeat at seven weeks. That being said they are estimating May 13th as the big day, and FI and I couldn't be more anxious and excited at the same time. 

You can have it on May 12th, thats my birthday!

• @Stina51286. When my family gets pregnant (not ectopic), we wind up being late carriers. I was born two weeks late. My FI's family on the other hand, are early babies, sooo we are kind of hoping that our child will create a compromise between us and say, okay I am going to be born on the day I am supposed to be born (I've heard its rare to be there on the due date, but I am cool with it as long as my child is healthy). 

@Beanbot2002, when we explained to our families about the ultrasound,my FI's mom was astounded. She said so much has changed since she's given birth.  Did you know that you can see your baby in 3D now (I think you have to be in your late second trimester to early third)? Why on earth would you want to see your baby in 3D when you can give birth and see it then without having to shell out an extra four hundred? I dunno I just think its a tad over the top, but whatever floats those parent's boat. You are almost half way there! In advance I apologize for these rapid fire questions: Are you excited? How is your son taking it? Do you know the gender yet, or are you keeping it a surprise? 
  • @bride2b71614 Yeah I think the 3D ultrasounds came out a few years after Bean was born. I'm not shelling out the extra cash for it. We're in the process of moving and need funds for that more than a golden ultrasound. Personally, I don't like the images from the 3D, but that is just me. We are insanely excited. We've had some recent MC over the last couple of years and have been desperately TTC. Bean is very excited and talks to my belly and rubs it every now and then. He asks tons of questions too. We don't know the gender just yet, but we have an appointment for that ultrasound on Oct 15th. I think it's a girl, but who knows. We just want this baby alive, kicking, healthy, and happy!

• @beanbot2002, a live kicking healthy baby is the best kind of baby. Thats adorable that your son talks to your belly. FI is kind of getting into this awkward habit where puts his head on my belly and talks to it about his day. Its adorable but I've never had someone speak to my stomach, so its a new thing for me...I think the worst part right now for is the morning sickness and being tired all the fucking time. I am so excited for you to find out the gender! Keep us posted! (PS I cannot agree with you more on the 3D ultrasounds, they make babies look like terrible creatures and that scares the bejesus out of me). 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards