Ohio-Columbus

Vases for sell and vendor reviews

Vendor reviews were really helpful to me when I was planning my wedding (9-7-13), so I thought I would post mine!

The Boat House at Confluence Park - B+ The food and views are absolutely fantastic here! Also, it was one of the few places I found that offered the option of a flat rate for open bar. This was important to us as we had a lot of young people attend our wedding and knew the alcohol bill was going to be high. It was nice that we paid in advance and had no surprises at the end of the night. The only downsides - there were some extra, hidden charges. They charge you for white chairs or chair covers (their standard chair is dark red) and also any colored linens (only plain white, ivory or black are included). Also, be sure to be vocal about having them clean the windows and the walls before your reception. Overall, our reception looked like exactly what I had envisioned, and I was very pleased!

Whetstone Park of Roses - A- Beautiful setting for a ceremony. There were not as many roses in bloom that I had hoped for (probably would be better in June) but with the fountain (which was updated this year) and sunlight, it was still very nice. Only negative - couple people mentioned their chairs were dirty and a previous wedding had left some red rose petals on the ground.

Jessica Love Photography - Jessica was very flexible and easy to work with! She made me feel like I had known her for a long time! I do wish I had gone with a longer package with her, as our bridal party pictures were a bit rushed (I only had 7 hour package), but I also had a bridal party of 14 people, so it was hard to get everyone organized. I have not seen the edited pictures yet, but her portfolio is absolutely beautiful. Highly recommend!

Fermata Music LLC - A- Mitch was very flexible as I had changed my mind about what music I wanted a couple times. I ended up going through him for a string duo for the ceremony, jazz band w/vocals for part of the reception, then a sound attendant to play our ipod playlist the rest of the night. Everything was absolutely wonderful! The jazz band especially was fantastic - highly recommend if you like Frank Sinatra type music!! It was very classy and just set a good tone for the night. The band wore tuxes and had a old fashioned mic. Also very affordable in comparison to other bands I had looked into. The only reason I give him an A- instead of an A is that he took, sometimes over a week, to respond to emails and missed one of the meetings I had scheduled with him. However, the week before the wedding, he sat down with me for an hour and a half to go over everything and called me the night before to make sure everything was ok.

Madison House Designs - A+ Cannot say anything but wonderful things about Lynette and the design of my flowers and centerpieces!! She also gave me the most competitive quote (I had checked into 4 other florists before her) and let me purchase my own vases to save money. The flowers were absolutely gorgeous and one of my favorite parts of the wedding! I can tell she has an eye for design and very passionate about what she does.

On a side note, I have 23 clear glass cylinder vases of varying heights for sale. The whole lot is $25 (cost me over $100). Please email me at bkaltenbach@gmail.com if you are interested in them (must be local - in Columbus).

Re: Vases for sell and vendor reviews

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards