Honeymoon Discussions

Rivera Maya

We just booked our honeymoon to Rivera Maya :) Anyone been? Things that are a must and things to pass on??  

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Rivera Maya

• Congrats! Where are you going? I'd mainly enjoy the time at your hotel on the beach or at the pool

• I've been! Stayed at Gran Sirenis. Beautiful! Honestly, there are tons of options to do things off the resort...if your heart isn't set on something like that, skip it! Theres PLENTY of things to do on the resort and its beautiful. I had an all inclusive deal too, so it saved a TON of money to stay on site.

• muenginerdmuenginerd member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited September 2013

River Maya was great.  Must do things... I would recommend having transportation booked head of time.  If you haven't been to Cancun before the airport exit can be kind of hetic with everyone trying to sell you timeshares, excursions, etc.  We enjoy having transportation that we just blow by everyone and right out to the van. 

We honestly never left the resort because we loved it so much.  Some friends took the day to go shopping in playa del carmen and loved it.  You could also do a trip to Cozumel.

If you are looking or an absolute can't miss trip I would definitely recommend going to the ruins.  We did Chichen Itza and it was an amazing trip.  It was an all day excursion for our friends leaving Rivera Maya, but its definitely a trip worth making.

• Be happy and excited! It's a great place, beautiful place with great weather. We also mostly stayed at the resort but I agree with muenginerd about shopping in Playa del Carmen. I'm a shopper so I really enjoyed it. It was also I think the only time I left the resort. There are a lot of excursions available, if you're into that, I think they are fairly easy to reserve from your hotel.
  • Thank you all :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Rivera Maya is amazing. 

Suggestions: Xel-Ha for some great snorkeling and lots of other activities available.  I suggest going for all inclusive there.

Puerto Morelos is a fabulous little local community.  If you go in the evening the locals are fishing off the pier and are super friendly.  Fun little shops and resturants.  You don't need a full day or anything but its fun to see and we met amazing locals there.

Selvatica Extreme Zip Lining has a ton of different packages and it's a total blast!  Check out their website.

Hope you enjoy the Quintana Roo as much as we do!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards