October 2013 Weddings

Camera Flash

Did any of you see this article? 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bridal-guide/why-you-might-want-to-con_b_3331528.html 

I immediately emailed my photographer to ask if we should go unplugged since most of the walls in my venue are windows. 

I attached a picture of my venue room, these are not my colors or my setup, but wanted to give an idea of all the windows. 
1.jpg 174.2K

Re: Camera Flash

• I don't think you can really do anything about people taking pictures... that's actually one of the things I am looking forward to most - because I will see those pics before my photographers!
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

Daisypath Wedding tickers 

• I'm not sure how I feel about this. I want lots of photos from guests - my friends took them at my bachelorette party and posted them all over facebook and I was thrilled! 

Our ceremony is not totally unplugged, but the pastor is asking people to not take pictures during the ceremony since it is a religious ceremony in a church. They are able to take walking down the aisle pictures before and after, but he will ask that they refrain during the actual ceremony part.  He said if someone takes them anyway, he won't stop them (but seriously - after that, who does that?!?)

The professional photographer and assistant however are allowed, but they some restrictions as to where they can or cannot stand.

What I don't get about the "flash" ruining a picture is that I know our photographer has the ability to take rapid fire shots. Sure, if someone flashes during the photographer shooting, some may be ruined. But, I can't imagine a good photographer missing an moment ENTIRELY cause one person had a flash at the same time.  Something sounds fishy to me about that.

So, trust your photographer and don't worry about this too much.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• edited October 2013
    We have a hashtag set up... so all I'm going to ask is that people make sure their phones are on silent and the flash is turned off. 

I'm not concerned about the flash ruining pro-pics- I'm more concerned about the flashes going off in our faces during the ceremony. No thanks.
  • I am asking for no pictures during the ceremony but after that I dont care..I have a # for pictures too :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards