New York-New York City

Newbie with lots of questions!!!

Hello all you Brides! Stumbled across this page through the wonderful google, I'm engaged as 5 years and with 2 kids! I live in Ireland but we have decided to get married in New York but I have no idea where to start!! Has anyone else got married here that could throw me some hints & tips? Many thanks Xx

Re: Newbie with lots of questions!!!

• Other venues in the city are...Bridgewaters, Tribeca Rooftop, Manhattan Penthouse, Pier 60, Central Park Boathouse, New York Library, the list is endless...plus there are tons of hotels that have beautiful event space.

Hold off on looking into other vendors until you book your venue. Many of them have preferred vendors or even exclusive vendors that they work with, especially when it comes to florists. 

You will probably want to book Photographer and Videographer immediately after the venue since most of them only book one wedding per day. Konrad Kolen and JoVon are both great!

Another great DJ is Scratch Weddings
  • Thanks for your replies, I'll get googling! I'm considering taken on a wedding planner (iplannewyork) because its not easy for me to get over to sort things out myself and this would settle me knowing she can help & give me advice! Thanks
  • Can you give us an idea of budget?  That changes everything....  reccs for a 20k wedding are very different that 150k :)  Be happy to offer reccs both!!!  Got married last sept and I am missing the process!!!  Email me if you have any specific questions.  alboutstyl@aol.com
  • Also try www.mybelovedwedandart.com  they do planning and photography/videography.  my sister is using them next year and we have been very happy with the service.  If you are having a small party, you may want to consider one of the NYC hotels.  They have lovely private rooms in many of their restaurants and it would be elegant.  All you need to do is to bring flowers.
  • you can check Tribeca rooftop, Giando on the water, water edge are nice venues.. Also, after you book your venue you should look into photo/video you can check out Jovon, elssol production, and DJ Scratch their are great.
  • Thank u all for your replies!! We have set the date, planned the ceremony & booked our evening venue. We aren't expecting many guests and so far have 15 defiantly going! Our budget is £5000 gbp which is about $7500. I'm now on the hunt for officiant, hair & makeup artist, cars, music & cake!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards