November 2014 Weddings

Favor Suggestions!!

Ladies!! I need suggestions on what I should leave for my guests as favors after the wedding. I don't want anything tacky and traditional like colored M&Ms for example LOL!! Any cute ideas?!

Re: Favor Suggestions!!

• Colored M&M's aren't tacky! You should be mindful what you call tacky as another bride who is using that idea might see it.

I'm going with the fall theme. I'm doing apple cider in mason jars with striped straws, and either candy apples or a candy buffet.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Angusaur said:
    Colored M&M's aren't tacky! You should be mindful what you call tacky as another bride who is using that idea might see it.

I'm going with the fall theme. I'm doing apple cider in mason jars with striped straws, and either candy apples or a candy buffet.
    That's a really cute idea. 
  • We are doing s'mores, with tags saying "Sending you S'more love"
  • I'm having the same issue! I want something that would appeal to both males and females. What to do? 
  • We are doing a Candy Buffet.... with yes.... colored M&Ms.  But with a whole lot of them along with different candies in our colors.  I hope the quantity makes up for the "tackiness" !  :-)

• We are doing 1$ scratch off tickets. Our families will have a blast with them and we won't have to worry about leftover favors!
  • I've never seen the 1$ scratch off tickets.... that is really cool!!
  • We were also thinking of apple cider or possibly hot cocoa mixes in the mason jars. Another thought was having someone come in to do caricatures. They can take their pictures home and it doubles as something fun to do during the reception. An alternative to the photo booth idea. 
  • Oooh, I love apple cider/hot cocoa ideas. We were thinking of doing candy and popcorn buffet. Since I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE S'mores, we talked about having a S'mores bar in addition to our dessert bar. We talked to our venue about it and they would allow it, which is cool because some venues wanted to charge us for candy buffets.
    You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back. - Barbara DeAngelis
  • We're thinking cocoa and cookies, mini pies, or chocolate covered pretzels. I love the scratch tickets idea. I wanted a candy buffet but my cousin just had one and I didn't want to repeat. For my first wedding we did caramel apples and they were insanely popular (and really affordable).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards