Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Question On Second Line-- How should we get it started?

I'm a destination bride having my wedding on November 9th.  We are having the ceremony in the same space as our reception (courtyard restaurant) and we will second line in between so they can flip the space from ceremony to reception.  My question is how we should get it started?  It's not like we are leaving a church to naturally get people moving to follow the band.  Do we just have the band start after we are presented by the officiant?  Or do we make some sort of announcement?  No one is from New Orleans, so this is going to be new to my guests so I want to make the start of this as smooth as possible after our ceremony.

Any feedback greatly appreciated!!

Re: Question On Second Line-- How should we get it started?

• Options
    You can have your officiant make an announcement.  You can also have an explanation about your second line on the back page of your wedding program.  We are doing that because, even though most people are from New Orleans, we want to explain that there will be pedicabs for the elderly guests who may have trouble walking.  
  • Options
    Agree - you can have your officient make an announcement or if you have a wedding coordinator that you are working with you could leave this to her (i.e. passing out the white hankies, having your umbrellas on hand, etc...).  I think an explanation about the second line on the wedding program (or within it) would be a good idea.

We had our destination to NOLA last November 9th (great date!) and put the second line information in our Welcome Letter/Timeline so guests would have a heads up.  The coordinator took care of handing out all the essentials and cueing the band...

Good luck!!!
    dml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards