Florida-West Coast

February beach wedding?

We would like to have a mid february (near valentines day) wedding next  year on the beach.  But not being from the area, wanted to get your opinions on the weather?  averages look to be around 73 and can get as low as mid-50s..for me that's pretty darn good! It's still 30 degrees warmer than where I live..and most of my family would be coming from even further north (michigan, PA, ohio, etc.)

Do many people get married on the beach in february in the tampa/clearwater area? we are looking at treasure lsland locations. Reception would also be on the sand....please share your honest opinion!

Re: February beach wedding?

• February is a tough month here.  It's not quite Spring and some of the only "winter" weather we ever get is in February.

But Florida weather is bi-polar anyways. It changes so often. I was at the beach on Saturday and we have a 2 week warm trend but then it's supposed to get very cold again.  Flip Flops one week, sweaters and jeans the next.

I would recommend March, April,  Early May, November as the BEST months to get married outdoors here.

If you are dead set on a Feb wedding, I would provide a backup option.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited January 2013
    Even the warmer months you have to worry about hurricanes.  Check into wedding insurance.
  • i was avoiding march because it's getting into spring break season and I didn't want the higher costs.
  • I would go for it in Ferbuary. April is ultra safe too
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • I got married 2/19 and it was PERFECT. It was just warm enough. It got a little colder after sunset but it wasn't really that bad. Everyone is right though - it's very unpredictable. I would do February and hope for the best.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am getting married outside on Jan 31 this year. I am a photographer and we are doing it the day before a photography convention that starts the next day, so we can have a lot of our photographer friends there with us. I am not too worried. I know the weather can be 85 or 65. I hope it doesn't get colder than 60.
    I am from Michigan, so for us, this time of year, 65 is warm.
  • Hurricane season is from June to Oct.  NOT in Feb!   Plus it's dry season with no chance of rain!  I've lived here for 15 years and am I pro wedding photographer.  Busiest season for Beach weddings is OCt & Nov.  Followed by Mar and April.  Many are still in Dec and feb Very few in Jan for some reason.  I shoot 40 to 50 weddings a year, mostly beach weddings.

Do yourself and your guests a big favor by NOT having a summer beach wedding down here.

• February is not a bad month! It can be chilly, but like 60s... plus the prices are soo cheap!
  • I love February's weather. On average you're looking at temps in the 60's. I would much rather have a slightly cold February beach wedding than a rain soaked August wedding. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards