June 2014 Weddings

DJ Help!!!

Hey Ladies (and maybe gents),

I need help...I have no idea what a DJ cost should be and was not so happy with my recent quote I received: $1,745 for basic package and up lighting / 2495 including a Photo Booth (which I guess I can live without!!)

Is that a good price?!

Thank you all in advance!

Re: DJ Help!!!

• wabanziwabanzi member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited October 2013
    kgood5 said:

Hey Ladies (and maybe gents),

I need help...I have no idea what a DJ cost should be and was not so happy with my recent quote I received: $1,745 for basic package and up lighting / 2495 including a Photo Booth (which I guess I can live without!!)

Is that a good price?!

Thank you all in advance!

I guess it depends on where you live, but that seems high to me.  We have complicated set up, music

in 4 areas each requiring their own equipment, and starfield lighting in the dance hall for $900 for 8 hours.  This is with one of the more premiere companies in our area (but the cost of living here is below average).

My FI used thumbtack.com to get various quotes.  You might want to give that a try just to compare prices/services in your area.

20130121-125529.jpg 
      Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Great! Thank you, I will try Tumbtack.
  • I would check on your local boards really, it will vary by region.  In my area that much for a dj uplighting and photobooth  would be a steal!!!!!  We are doing the same kind of package for close to $5000

Anniversary

• Definitely depends on your area.  We are $1295 for DJ and uplighting.  That's about average for here(midwest). 

You can also keep an eye out on Groupon or Living Social for Photobooth deals.  Ours is part of the photography package, but our venue coordinator recommended going the groupon route, said she's never had a problem with those vendors.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards