Rhode Island
Options

Venues without time limits and/or noise restrictions

We are having trouble finding venues in Southern New England (preferably RI) that allow receptions longer than 5 hours and that do not have restrictions on how late music can be played.  

Any suggestions for venues that allow 5hr+ receptions and late night music?

Many Thanks!

Re: Venues without time limits and/or noise restrictions

• Options
    it's super tough especially with outdoor venues. your best bet is to go with a hotel ballroom, they are way more flexible when it comes to timing & music volume. 
  • Options
    I do think that the traditional wedding venues, like banquet halls and hotels, will be a lot easier when it comes to noise.

That said, you could also try performance spaces since they are accustomed to having music played late.  We've looked at The Narrows in Fall River (just over the RI line into MA) which is a beautiful, unusual space.  Base price $1500 and I've been there for shows, I imagine noise wouldn't be an issue.  It's not a residential area.  The restaurant next door typically has music playing late as well.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ^^^^ what @grumbledore said. Banquet halls and hotels and even country clubs.  Ours (in a hotel) goes to 1 am and the reception starts @ 7pm.

Most of the venue I checked out had no noise restriction, one was in a residential neighborhood, but all they do are events.  So, I specifically asked and they said it's not an issue.

I guess it's dependent on what kind of place you want, ie capacity etc..--I've seen a few that I ruled out because of the "no music after 10pm" clause.

GL!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards