Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

NJ Bride Looking for PA venue

Hi all! My fiance and I have been trying to find a venue in NJ without much luck. Many of the places we love are out of our budget. So, we've thought about looking at places along the NJ/PA border in an attempt to find what we want for the price we can afford. We expect to have about 225 guests (inviting 250) and our budget is capped at about $155/head MAX. We definitely want to have a huge cocktail hour, and would love a really unique venue (read: not a banquet hall; we'd love some sort of old manor or a similarly interesting spot). I'm at a loss on where to begin looking - can anyone point me in the right direction? Anyone have any opinions on places that they loved? We've done a few cursory searches on the knot venues and wedding wire venues, but haven't found it particularly illuminating yet.

Thanks in advance!

Re: NJ Bride Looking for PA venue

• Penn Ryn Manor in Bensalem is gorgeous.  They also have an adjoining banquet hall called Belle Voir.  
    Glen Foerd Mansion on Grant Ave in Philadelphia is also very gorgeous and RIGHT on the river.

There is also the Knowlton Mansion as well.  It's a little further in the city, not along the river as the previous two are.
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • try partyspace.com they have some unique venues for philly. i've also heard great things about Pen Ryn and Belle Voir as well!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm getting married at the Belle Voir next year in May 2014, and am in the same situation as you. They worked really well with our price point. Let me know if you have any questions.
  • Thanks guys! We were miraculously able to find a great venue in NJ over the weekend - many thanks for all your suggestions.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards