Hawaii
Options

Advice on tipping

Hello everyone,

I live in a country where there is no tipping.  Where I am from, the price you see advertised is the final price you pay. I am getting married on Maui next month and I am unsure whether I need to tip the people involved on my wedding day. If so, how much I should tip each person:

Wedding Co-ordinator
Make up artist
Hair stylist
Caterer
Photographer
Officiant
DJ

Is it bad form if I don't tip at all, or is it a personal choice to leave a tip?  I am not a Scrooge, it's just that I don't know what the correct tipping etiquette is for a wedding situation.

Thanks - I appreciate your advice!

Re: Advice on tipping

• Options
    Our WC advised that hair and make-up stylist and transportation would "expect" a tip, as would your servers.  The other vendors were discretionary based on the service provided.  We tipped our DJ, officiant, photographer, videographer and gave our WC a gift card
  • Options

Hello everyone,

I live in a country where there is no tipping.  Where I am from, the price you see advertised is the final price you pay. I am getting married on Maui next month and I am unsure whether I need to tip the people involved on my wedding day. If so, how much I should tip each person:

Wedding Co-ordinator
    Make up artist
    Hair stylist
    Caterer
    Photographer
    Officiant
    DJ

Is it bad form if I don't tip at all, or is it a personal choice to leave a tip?  I am not a Scrooge, it's just that I don't know what the correct tipping etiquette is for a wedding situation.

Thanks - I appreciate your advice!

Hi there! My WC said to check the contract and see if a tip is required and that is when you would need to tip. Generally hair&makeup, and transportation would have tip included in the contract and is anywhere from 15-20%. Also, your catering manager (if you're having it in a hotel) normally doesn't receive any gratuity that is charged (that money goes to the banquet staff), so thanking him or her is appropriate. Definitely don't go into debt over tipping if your budget won't allow for it. A simple thank you card, email, small gift card or whatever is much appreciated by vendors! I would also think about who spends the most time with you on your day when choosing who to tip/thank in special way. Hope that helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards