Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

professional teeth whitening?

just wondering if any of you ladies have done professional teeth whitening and what the results were?

I am really considering it because not gunna lie I love my red wine and coffee haha and I definitely don't have the discipline to do those crest strips all the time plus in the past I havn't found them to make a huge difference. I know this is expensive but I feel like it would be totally worth it to have a perfect white smile for my wedding! reviews say your teeth can get 2-8 shades brighter in an hour..hard to believe? what do you guys think?

Re: professional teeth whitening?

• I tried the crest white strips, but they made me gaggy and didn't really work. 

I did professional whitening. It was only a few hundred bucks through my dentist. 2-8 shades in an hour??? No. That review was probably written by the manufacturer. I found that using them as directed for one month prior to the wedding made a significant difference (I also love coffee). I'd recommend it if you can afford it. 
    *********************************************************************************

• I had Zoom done and I cried afterwards, it was such a waste. If your teeth are an even color, professional whitening is great. But if you have any tetracycline stains, or staining from fluoride, like I do, whitening makes your teeth look terrible. Mine looked like speckled eggs. Also, I had a lot of pain. Like lightening shooting through my teeth every few minutes for the first 12 hours (it went away after that).

Before you opt for professional whitening, talk to your dentist to make sure you don't have this type of staining. If you don't, you will most likely have amazing results.
  • I went to my dentist and had molds made of my teeth, and used the a whitener gel that they carried. After a few weeks, I had quite noticeably whiter teeth. There is a bit of sensitivity though. I'm not sure that can be avoided.

Good luck!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I whiten my teeth every 6 months after I get my teeth cleaned by the dentist. They still get sensitive every time. It just comes with the process. Depending how far away your wedding is you could start a whitening regimen now and not have to do the hours long process in the dentist office right before your wedding. 
  • I just ordered Dr. George's teeth whitening system. I have read tons of good reviews and it was recommended to me by someone whose teeth I have always complimented. You can get it on Amazon for about $22 for the trays and the gel. I'll let you know if it works.

If sensitivity is an issue with the at-home whitening systems, space out the frequency that you are using it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards