Michigan-Lansing

venue location finalized

ok. So we have decided to have our wedding in the Traverse City area. Now I am faced with either hiring vendors from lower MI to travel or traveling north just to interview and hire vendors.  Ugh!!

Re: venue location finalized

• racergirl21racergirl21 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited October 2013

Congrats on getting married in TC. It's such a beautiful place. In your situation I might consider a little of both. Caterer and DJ for example have more equipment and things to move so finding someone local might be easier. Things like florists could go either way depending on if you are doing silk flowers or not and how much DIY you are doing. Your florist might charge a lot to travel though. Video and photographers tend to travel more I would think and I have noticed that the ones in the Lansing area seem to charge less. Tuxes would depend on when you can pick them up and return them. call ahead to find out. Same with your dress and bridesmaids dresses. Hair could be a problem especially if you are looking for a hair test day. If you have someone or a few people that can do everyone's hair and are willing to pay hotel fees you might get them to travel.

Good Luck with your planning. We are here to help.

• That's funny because I had the opposite problem.  I am from TC and really wanted to get married there but it didn't work out so now I am getting married in East Lansing.  I really like Rolling Thunder Studios DJ.  Nick is a really nice guy.  Here is the website: http://www.rollingthunderstudios.com/Events.html

There are a ton of great photographers in the area.  There is also a bridal show on Oct. 13th in TC that you might want to check out. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards