Second Weddings
Options

making decisions!

So excited to be making some decisions! I decided last night that I will have a brooch bouquet instead of flowers.  I really don't like flowers to begin with and I really didn't want to spend the money on them, but I LOVE antique (or antique looking) jewelry so this seems like such a good idea.  And it will fit in well with the theme we decided of a sparly winter wonderland! I am so excited to start getting brooches.  Going to the thrift store with my youngest son today to see if we can find anything.
We also decided that we want to do a family sand ceremony.  Has anyone else done this? How did it work? 

Re: making decisions!

• Options
    MikesAngieMikesAngie member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited January 2012
    We did a sand ceremony, it was great!!  (I know that there are those who would not recommend this, but it's nice keepsake) 

We created our own kit  by purchasing items from Michaels for less than any of the kits we saw on-line.  We also used sands that went with our decor and not our wedding colors so that the finished product could be displayed.

We did not have any "vows" or promises for this portion of the ceremony just the officiant explaining the meaning behind the ceremony and that we were creating a "new" family unit. 

One couple who attended the ceremony and reception are going to do a sand ceremony (like ours) for their upcoming vow renewal.  We also received many compliments and positive comments about our ceremony. 

If you have any questions or would like more information please PM me. 

~Angie
    ETA: A picture and..
    PS: Congratulations on making progress!!!!  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards