Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

Cinderella theme in a diffrent color?!?!

I really love the love store of cinderella. But I want the colors to be a light crimson and white for my wedding. I was wonder how would I vey this started and would it work

Re: Cinderella theme in a diffrent color?!?!

• What kind of color are you thinking is 'light crimson?' The word crimson describes a deep blood red. Either you mean crimson or you mean light red/pink.

As far as your question goes, it depends on how you're wanting to incorporate Cinderella. We usually advise going subtle on such themes so your wedding doesn't end up looking like a child's birthday party. How about glass carriages/slippers in your centerpieces? Also, Alfred Angelo has a line of Disney princess inspired gowns.
  • For a Cinderella theme I would have thought that light blue, cream, and silver colours would work.  Anyways, to incorporate different things, ie. glass slippers or the carriage, I think you could use them on the invitations, cake topper, centerpieces, guestbook, etc. so that there are a lot of little touches.
  • Crimson doesn't speak Cinderella to me at all, HOWEVER, I think this could be to your advantage to keep it from being to much like a little girls princess party.  Depending on your budget, like previous posters suggested, if you had carriages/glass slipper centerpieces you could add some red roses, or perhaps rose petals on the tables.  Also, if I'm remembering this correctly, the Prince's pants were red with gold trim, and a white/cream? shirt with gold trim.  Perhaps you could dress the groomsmen in similar colors, and maybe red bridesmaids dresses with gold sashes/bows?  that sort of thing.  Whatever you do, keep the Cinderella stuff subtle.  
  • Also, clock imagery would be a good Cinderella tie in - 

Here's a nice invitation example, which I think would like nice done in red.

• Before you run with a disney theme, I would talk to your FI. Does he also love the story of Cinderella and want it to be the theme of your wedding? Is there anything he has in mind? Sometimes guys don't speak up if their FI is dead set on a "theme" so keep an open mind and really incorporate his vision also.
    *********************************************************************************

• Before you run with a disney theme, I would talk to your FI. Does he also love the story of Cinderella and want it to be the theme of your wedding? Is there anything he has in mind? Sometimes guys don't speak up if their FI is dead set on a "theme" so keep an open mind and really incorporate his vision also.

So true.  A wedding should be about both the bride and groom.  Otherwise i think you already received some great suggestions
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards