March 2014 Weddings

March 1 Wedding Colors...Help!

We're having a wedding on March 1st, but we cannot decide on colors! How did you all figure out what colors to use? Any suggestions? March 1st technically falls under the season of Winter, so we shouldn't use "Spring" colors, right? Help!

Re: March 1 Wedding Colors...Help!

• I think you can use whatever colors you want! I've been to a wedding at the hottest point of the summers where the colors were black and purple.  I don't think anyone would side-eye whatever colors you choose.  Plus, if you're worried about it, it's so close to spring that I wouldn't think it matters.
  • I'm getting married on March 1 as well! We are having navy bridesmaids dresses, and all flowers will be green and white. I think the Navy is a great transition color, since it's dark like winter, but can also be "springlike".

I also considered a dark purple, but since it's Mardi Gras weekend, we opted out of that one!
  • I'm also considering navy BM dresses, or maybe a dark gray (for March 8).  I want to liven it up though with BRIGHT flowers, like pinks and corals, and maybe some kind of accent pop of color on the BM dresses.  I agree with using whatever colors make you happy.
  • aemryaemry member
    First Comment

Thanks, everyone! This is very helpful! :)

• We're March 22 and also doing navy for my girls.  It's just a good, safe color.
  • I am getting married March 22 as well! Our girls will be in Navy and my nieces will be in bright Fuschia to help with the winter/spring transition. The flowers will all be bright colors and the groomsmen will be in Charcoal. Mix it up and have fun!
  • I'm getting married on March 8th. 

I fell in love with a picture of a slice of red velvet cake on pinterest, and decided to use Red and White as our colors. Holy crap, y'all - there are a million bajillion shades of red! I'm aiming for a cherry red.
  • we are March 22 as well! My girls are in hunter green with blush pink flowers and accents of champagne. Definitely decided to go towards the spring but focused on the green with an accent here and there
  • Id go neutral to avoid being associated to a season, since we are in between. I am March 16 (in NJ so Winter or Spring weather are both hit or miss).  My girls are wearing blush/petal and the guys are wearing charcoal suits. Accenting with ivory (flowers)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• We are getting married March 1st as well  in NYC.  My girls are weaing plum....florist said we can lead towards spring colors or winter colors....I love jewel tones...like plum or deep orange and blues so that is the way we went with flowers...jewel tones.  We are lucky brides we can really use anything we like because it is an in between time.  Good luck making decision.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • nalex420 said:
    We are getting married March 1st as well  in NYC.  My girls are weaing plum....florist said we can lead towards spring colors or winter colors....I love jewel tones...like plum or deep orange and blues so that is the way we went with flowers...jewel tones.  We are lucky brides we can really use anything we like because it is an in between time.  Good luck making decision.
    love this!!! I originally was going jewel tones too, but ended up switching to blush & grey because I don't have enough girls to wear as many dif jewel tones colors that i wanted to showcase (each girls dress wouldve been a different color).  Your wedding will look fab!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I'm getting married March 1 too! I am having a night wedding (7 PM) outdoors. My favorite color at this point is coral, so I chose that color. And to mute it out a little because coral can be a little more of a spring color, I chose mercury gray.
  • Our wedding is March 8th. The floor in the reception room is a reddish burgundy so we factored that in when choosing our colors. Reds and browns would be too much so we nixed those right away. We ended up choosing pink, gold and silver. Those colors work well for most seasons and especially at a time where it's still winter but so close to spring. We are going with lighter pinks and blush tones.
  • Doing charcoal dresses and probably bright +/- white flowers. 
  • My dresses are gray as well! I think it's going to be great!
  • Were doing charcoal gray dresses to but I'm still trying to decide between red or white flowers.  Our receptions very old hollywood glam so I dont know what to go with!
  • For old hollywood glam, I would go with an all white bouquet. But that's just my taste.... Ask the florist. They usually know and can picture in their head what it will all look like.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards