Florida-South Florida
Options

Venue help

Hello ladies,

So I did find a venue that I really liked and booked it (Kings Point). My cousin did her reception there, that's how I found it. Now, I am feeling very uneasy about it and want to keep looking. I thought I was ok with my cousin having done her wedding there but now it's bothering me. I don't even know where to start because I've looked at all the venues on theknot and weddingwire. Is there anyone (not in miami) having a wedding of 250-300 who found a reasonably priced venue out there? (15k for just venue/food/drink).

And on top of that I'm having mixed feelings about my wedding colors (Regency purple and turquoise)...feeling depressed 

Re: Venue help

• Options
    It's called buyer's remorse and it is normal to have feelings like that after a very major decision.  Don't to anything major in the way of changes until you really think it through.  Make a list of pros and cons about the venue and try to figure out why you went with it.  As you make the major decisions, you come closer to the actual event, which means that you come closer to the event being over and done.  If you have not made any major purchases with those colors, you can easily change.  However, if your bridesmaids have already left deposits on gowns, change might not be so easy.
    In any event, take a deep breath, and don't think of any of it for a few days, easier said than done.  Then evaluate your choices, with your fiancé, and/or a trusted BM/MOH and see where it goes.
    Sounds like a case of nerves.
  • Options
    How many venues did you check out? Did you put a deposit down on this venue? I'm getting married at Inverrary Golf Club off Inverrary blvd and university drive, we have 125 ppl and got a nice price.
  • Options

Hey hun,

I've dabbled in wedding planning and being a new bride myself, I, too, am looking for a venue not in Miami. 

I have found some great venues that very well may match your price, in the Broward area.  I havent researched Palm Beach County though.  With your budget, you'd be looking to pay approx. $40-50 total pp.

We're currently considering Floridian Ballrooms in West Broward (Pembroke Pines).  They have a variety of packages.  The Premier package for 250 guests is about $14,500, and includes the venue space (separate ceremony space is an additional fee), food (cocktail reception with 4 hors d'oeuvres and dinner and cake), drinks/open bar, a photog and videog package, centerpiecese, stemware, glassware, fine china, linens, dj and lighting, each additional guest is $49.  However with tax and a service fee, it will more than likely tip your budget to about $18k.

However, the have a Classical package is $49 pp Friday, $59 pp Saturday and $44 pp Sunday.  And includes everything above with the exception of photog/videog.  Still a bit under your budget but that savings can be used toward other services. Doing a one stop shop is a lot less stressful than working with a blank canvas, but a lot less personal as well, however, working with a blank canvas can save a ton of money, but that would mean hiring a DoC to do all the set-up and clean up or doing so yourself.

My future hubby is from Fort Lauderdale and my family is from Miami, so we compromised and met in the middle and Floridian Ballrooms may be it.

Palm Beach County has a ton of gorgeous venues.  But none within our price range.  If the deposit you paid is non-refundable then you may be stuck.

• Options
    @Lauderdale Pink

Thank you so much for the advice! I did stop thinking about wedding planning for a while and now I'm back! I am happy with the venue and my colors (I tweaked them a bit). In the end, it was buyers remorse and me wanting my wedding to be unique because a lot of my cousins are getting married next year. 
  • Options
    @slgirl21 I've looked into all of the venues on theknot and weddingwire. But all of them were either too expensive or couldn't accommodate a large wedding. I'm happy with Kings Point and I did make a deposit there. It's a semi-blank slate so I will be able to do a lot. 
  • Options
    @Mstabbytab

I looked into Floridian Ballroom as well. I think I didn't get a response from them so I didn't pursue them any further. I booked Kings Point in Delray Beach, I'm happy with them so far. Thank you for responding to my post. I appreciate you and everyone else's help. Makes me feel like I'm really a part of this community.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards