Wisconsin

Venues with Personality in Southeastern Wisconsin

Hi!
My fiance and I are getting married next fall, September 27th, 2014. I absolutely LOVE the Schlitz Audubon Nature Center, but it's required that the wedding is over and completely out of their facilities by 11:00pm.  That time frame is just looking to be too early for our group of guests we'll have there (fresh out of college, ready to stay up all night, kind of crowd). 

Has anybody run across a similar venue in Southeastern Wisconsin (my fiance's family being from West Bend, and mine from Waukesha)?  I love the natural feel to it, and how it doesn't have maroon/gold/forest green carpeting like many of the hotels do.

I know I have a lot of time, but I'd like to get a place booked about a year in advance!
Thank you!

Re: Venues with Personality in Southeastern Wisconsin

• www.theartsmill.org/‎ gallery space there

Arts Mill is where I am having our Ceremony and Black Swan is where I am having my reception. Both venues are super easy to work with and not crazy expensive. Black Swan has open catering so you can even bring in your own food if you want!

We wanted something unique as well and really loved the space - though it's not huge so depends on the size of your group.
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

Daisypath Wedding tickers 

• Maybe also look into the Domes or Boerner Botantical Gardens?
  • Maybe also look into the Domes or Boerner Botantical Gardens?

YES! To both of these!
  • chicky13 said:
    A few places I checked were the Urban Ecology Center http://urbanecologycenter.org/our-branches/riverside-park-facility-rental.html, Hubbard Park Lodge http://www.hubbardlodge.com/Weddings---Private-Parties.html and South Shore Park.
    I second the Riverside Urban Ecology center!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It's pretty different, but try trimborn farms! They are amazing. Super rustic and very pretty!
  • We had the exact same feeling!!!  I immediately fell in love with the Schlitz, but the time frame was just not right.  We kept looking around and went with Boerner. 

We're getting married on June 21, so I wanted something that was green and summery without actually being outdoors, Boerner is perfect (and the party can last until 12:00!) 

Also, something to note, Boerner has a designated caterer, and for 2014, it will be Zilli.
  •  

zwink1 said:
    We had the exact same feeling!!!  I immediately fell in love with the Schlitz, but the time frame was just not right.  We kept looking around and went with Boerner. 

We're getting married on June 21, so I wanted something that was green and summery without actually being outdoors, Boerner is perfect (and the party can last until 12:00!) 

Also, something to note, Boerner has a designated caterer, and for 2014, it will be Zilli.
    Just a side note, we chose our venue because of Zilli's.  I can not say enough but about them.  The service has been so over the top, we just sit back and enjoy everything.  Our venue coordinator just calls to check in make sure everything is going well and is there anything she can help with.  The food is outstanding too!
  •  

zwink1 said:
    We had the exact same feeling!!!  I immediately fell in love with the Schlitz, but the time frame was just not right.  We kept looking around and went with Boerner. 

Just a side note, we chose our venue because of Zilli's.  I can not say enough but about them.  The service has been so over the top, we just sit back and enjoy everything.  Our venue coordinator just calls to check in make sure everything is going well and is there anything she can help with.  The food is outstanding too!
    I agree!  Bartolotta is the caterer up until the end of 2013, and at first when I was told they would not be continuing at the gardens into the 2014 season, I was a little freaked...  Then I found out Zilli was replacing them.  Working with them has been wonderful so far, and our coordinator (Lori) is always willing to quickly answer questions.  They have been fabulous up to this point, and I can't wait until our tasting in November!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards