New Jersey
Options

North Jersey Florist

Hii girls! i need help i had my florist which was rose petals and lace and unfortunately they have gone out of business
i have met with some others ones
AW flowers
Touch of elegance
Flowerful events

and they were either way over budget or just not understanding the look i'm going for
i'm looking to spend max 4,500 and i think that's reasonable please if anyone can recommend some florists you would help me more then you know!

Re: North Jersey Florist

• Options
    Check out Santos in Newark. Manny's been a pleasure to work with and they came in 3k under all my other quotes.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Try Louisa Amabile Testa LLC in Montclair. Beautiful work, sweet personality and great price! We were excited to book her for our date. :) 

Good luck! 

• Options
    We are using The Flower Cart in Old Bridge.  We knew flowers was a place we didn't want to blow our budget and they were amazing about giving us what we wanted in our budget!
  • Options
    cgotzcgotz member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited September 2013
  • Options
    I also met with pink dahlia in parsippany and loved her but its been over a week and she still has not emailed me a proposal has anyone else worked with her?
  • Options
    Yumila, Wedding & Event Floral Design, Rochelle Park, NJ. She does beautiful work and works within your budget. 
  • Options
    ah831 said:
    I also met with pink dahlia in parsippany and loved her but its been over a week and she still has not emailed me a proposal has anyone else worked with her?
    I met with Kim and really liked her.  I believe I got my proposal the next day.  Her quote was already high but then I found a few things missing on the proposal so then the price kept going up.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We're spending about that much and we're using Petals Premier.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Did you check out Flowers by Connie Reimer? 350 Pleasant Valley Way. West Orange, N.J. 07052 973-445-0036 973-850-7920.
  • Options
    We're using Floral Elegance in Fair Lawn, NJ: http://flowerelegance.com/

I was looking to spend about $5,000 on flowers and Anna created a package of everything I wanted within my budget. She was awesome to work with!
  • Options
    We are using Kim at Pink Dahlia. Her prices were incredibly reasonable and she came highly recommended. She has been great so far. She is typically very responsive, but remember that she is not in a huge operation and really does most everything herself so sometimes she might just be swamped. 
  • Options
    I was actually going to ask the same question today! I also need a florist.

I looked at reviews about AW Florist. Some were okay,..any info on them?
  • Options
    I'm using Sheena at Bella Fiori in Parsippany.  I ended up getting about 7 different floral quotes, and hers was right in the middle.  She only does 1-2 events per weekend and absolutely loves what she does.  I also really felt like she was going to give us the most for our money.  So far, she's been great about communication, and is just all around really sweet and professional.  
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Wow AW went over 4k? I've never used them but in previous boards I've heard they were much more affortable.

My suggestion is Santos Florist in Newark like someone else mentioned.  Manny really knows what he is doing.  I found out about them through a friend's wedding I attended.  Her flowers were gorrrgeous! I believe her total was $3300 and her flowers were massive..mix of highs and lows.  She had 5 bridesmaids/groomsmen so I'd say average bridal party.  Needless to say she had her wedding during hurricane Sandy.  There were power outages and gas shortages everywhere...BUT through the madness Santos Florist even called my friend in advance to assure them all was well and that they had nothing to worry about.  They were on time and did the set up and everything (my friend used the flowers from the ceremony room for some of the reception tables also and no one noticed). 

I'm using him and my mock up is dated for Oct 3rd.  Can't wait to see what he comes up with.  I got an extra 10% off for booking by a certain date.  My cost may be about $2500 or a little lower.  I have 4 bridesmaids/grooms men, and flowers for the parents..18 tables, mix of high and low.  Not sure how big your party is or what you need...?
  • Options
    We booked Laurelwood Designs in Hillsdale. They are reasonable and extremely pleasant to work with. We met with so many potential florists, and she was the only one who had her own work (photos) to show us. So many places just described what they would do, and I was absolutely not ok with that. 
    Check out Laurie's facebook page for photos!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker "Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden where the flowers are dead." - Oscar Wilde
  • Options

We are probably going to do non-floral centerpieces. So we would need my bouquet, 8 bridesmaids bouquets, groom bout, 5 groomsmen bouts, 2 dad bouts, and 2 mom corsages.

Can anyone who had a small floral budget break down what they spent on these items so I can get a rough idea of total? We absolutely do not want to go nuts on flower expenses.

• Options
    edited October 2013
    Going by the prices Santos gave me, I think you can get all that for a little under 1k.

ETA: That's without delivery.  But even their delivery prices were a lot less then other places.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Awesome! 1K is where I wanted to be :)
  • Options
    @majesty318

Good Luck!  Let us know how it works out :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    With AW we are paying about 140 for bridal bouquet, 60 for MOH bouquet, 50 for each BM bouquets and we are getting 4 of those,  we aren't getting bouts or corsages but were quoted 10 for bouts, and 30 for corsages and I believe we are spending about 30 for each centerpiece and we are getting 15- 18 of those. hope that helps!
  • Options
    I'm going with AW for my wedding. I was referred to them by my soon to be sister law who used them for her wedding last year. They did a fantastic job for her wedding and when we met with him he knew exactly what I wanted and was able to articulate it for me since I am not a flower know it all. He quoted us $2000 flat for bouquets for everyone, bouts., corsages, center pieces, church decorations, flower girl flowers and baskets, and roses to present to the mothers and roses for the mary statue since it will be a Cathlic wedding. I think thats pretty cheap! Hopefully our model goes well!
  • Options
    Majesty, my situation is very similar....did you meet with anyone yet?
  • Options
    I didn't because we haven't finalized our date yet. But we are finalizing this weekend and then I will be calling AW, Santos, Whole Foods, & Metropolitan Plant Exchange, all recommended either on this forum or by friends as budget-friendly places.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards