Indiana

Videographer and Photographer....What do you think??

So a BM and I met with a potential videographer and photographer tonight to discuss what they offer in wedding packages. Both have worked in industry for over 10 years each. Photographer has worked at a portrait studio and will position us perfectly for posed pictures and snap lots of candids as well. Videographer used to work for local news team and now shoots weddings and commercials for local businesses. The two of them combined are $3100. Package descried below.

Photographer
Pre-wedding consultations (Unlimited)
Photographer and assistant (Assistant doesn't shoot much)
8 hours of pictures
11x14 spiral bound proof book
CD with printing rights to our images

Videographer
Pre-Wedding consultation
Videographer and assistant (Both shooting video)
All day (From hair appointment to last dance if wanted)
Ceremony shot from 5 cameras
Interviews with people of interest
Use of 3 wireless mics during ceremony
Final video is edited, bubbed with music of our choosing, and broken into chapters
Case and DVD are personalized pictures from the day.
Includes 5 copies of finsihed DVD with highlight reel

So my question to you ladies is what do you think? Good deal for the money?
Love and Blessings
September 2012 May Siggy: The Honeymoon!! Sandals Royal Caribbean in Montego Bay, Jamaica for New Years Eve
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Videographer and Photographer....What do you think??

• indyindy member
    First Comment
    Have you checked out pictures from previous weddings and also have you looked at an edited dvd of the videographer? Price is always a consideration but you have to know that regardless of how long someone has been doing weddings, you have to know they can do the job you hope for. I have had many compliments on my pictures so my photographer did a great job but wasn't as fortunate with the videographer. I looked at his clips on line and knew he had been doing weddings for quite some time but the end results were disappointing. I think if I had seen portions of an edited dvd, I would have thought that I needed to find someone else but you can't change the past. Always great to get a "good deal" but you have to make sure that the quality is there as well.
  • This sounds like a good deal, if their work is up to standard...did you end up using them @emidle2008 ? Would be very interested in knowing more details!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards