Registry and Gift Forum
Options

overwhelmed with registry

so me and my fi registered for gifts at macys and bed bath and beyond i wanted to use both places as prices vary from both places on items. i am feeling like i i may end up having duplicate items on both registries. 

at macys most of the appliances i needed and wanted were a lower price than bed bath and beyond and the prices are consistent at that price. one of the items the kitchenaide is wicked expensive at bby but a really good everyday price at macys. i know a registry your supposed to put everything you want because you know that you will get a  good amount of it. but i am also thinking about prices as well like if they can get 3 of my items at macys that i saw at bby for a way higher price it would be great.

my issue is should i only do like bakeware at bed bath and beyond as well as sheats and cooking utensils. and for macys only do the appliances? would love to hear from brides who did more than one registry 

Re: overwhelmed with registry

• Options
    I have three registries (but information is only being put on the shower invite for two of them), Macy's, Bed, Bath & Beyond and Crate & Barrel.

I started off with most of my stuff at BBB but the more I looked at things most of my stuff ended up at Macy's and Crate & Barrel (mostly dishes and table linens here). My BBB registry is now full of travel accessories that I'm leaving up for the completion discount (yeah if someone finds it and buys stuff from it).

Macy's has regular sales (and those who have the credit card get frequent coupons).  BBB has a zillion coupons.  Between the two I would keep the majority of your items on the registry that is 1) most convenient/popular with your guests 2) has the best non-sale price.  

I think it is a non-issue to register for sheets at both places, or bakeware, or whatever.  This is assuming that you want duplicates.  If you only want one Kitchen Aide, don't register for one at both places.  If you want multiple sets of sheets go ahead!
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • Options
    i only registered for each item once. when i was doing my bed bath and beyond one i noticed a lot of the appliances were super high in price and i wanted to get a lot of stuff off my registry so i decided at macys to put those on that one. 

i was thinking though to make it easier on me to keep all the appliances and fine china at macys and then switch around my bed bath and beyond one to only have bakeware sheets and kitchen tools. 

but then i might get myself confused if i have to totally start them from scratch again 
  • Options
    I registered for items at both stores and as i received them called abd had them listed as completed or deleted them. I wanted people to have to option to buy at whichever store they wanted. That and i know i ofen buy registry items at another store if i can get a better price.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    I had a registry at Macy's and one at Target. The Macy's one included most of the serving platters, bowls, etc. However, that was about the only thing that was consistent, since I registered for things all out of one line there (I wanted them to match). For everything else, I went with who had the better price. Sometimes it was Macy's, sometimes it was Target. Guests were able to find both registries without a problem (my mom knew where we were registered in case any family asked, and the links were on an unassuming page on our wedding website). I definitely did not want duplicates, so I did not register for the same thing at both stores.
  • Options
    I actually had a similar experience when I was registering. I registered for some big ticket items at Macy's (Kitchenaid Stand Mixer) because they offer great Black Friday deals on it. I registered for things I liked at Macy's but we did have more things at BBB because they just had a wider selection.

Register for what you want and just compare prices trying to give your guests the best deal, on the plus side, they might just get you more things!!! 
  • Options

I registered at two stores, and if I registered for something at one place, I did not duplicate it on the other registry.  I did check my registries a few times (right after a shower, for example,) and when one started to seem more popular, I moved a few items from less popular store to more popular store, so there would still be plenty of available items on both.

Keep in mind- Macy's may have the better base price, but everybody has a 20% off coupon at BBB, so it may even out.

• Options
    Don't duplicate too much.

The BBB prices with the coupons vs. the Macy's prices on sale thing has been debated a lot.  It depends on the sale and the product.  Most big bridal brands are excluded from the 20% off coupons at BBB (waterford, all clad, henckles, etc.).  But on a day when Macy's is not having a sale, Macy's is typically more expensive.

That said, Macy's should be running a sale pretty much every weekend between now and January because we're getting into the holidays.  People who shop there know to wait for Black Friday or their friends and family sale because they undercut BBB by a good bit for those.  They also don't have the same exclusions.  The friends and family sale, for instance, is 25% off almost everything, and this includes waterford (which never EVER happens because waterford price controls their products in retail).  It's a great deal, and I think they have on in November most years.  I definitely had more activitiy on my Macy's registry during big sales - it was rather remarkable, really, how many people waited until a Super Saturday or whatever to buy us a gift.

Given that the prices vary a lot at Macys depending on the day, I would register for the things you like at each.  Not all of their products are sold in both places.  I will say that of the two stores, Macy's has far superior sheets.  Their charter club and hotel collection sheets are excellent.  Look at the reviews of the BBB sheets and you'll see that many of them periodically rip or develop holes in them after a few washings.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards