New York-Long Island
Options

Raphael Vineyards

I'm strongly considering booking Raphael Vineyards in Peconic for my wedding next summer, as it is beautiful and the staff seems wonderful, but I have a few concerns.  Can anyone who has gotten married/attended a wedding there give opinions on any of the following:

1) The photographs that I have seen often look dark (especially the dining room).  I can't tell if this is due to the photographer or the venue in general.  Were you happy with your photos?
2) I'd like a more formal feeling wedding--not stuffy, but special.  I'm worried that my fiance in a tux at a vineyard might feel out of place, or that it may feel too casual.  Thoughts?
3) How was the dancing?  There is no "official" dance floor - did that work out?
4) Did your guests have to book hotel rooms for 2 nights if it was prime season (June/July)?

Thanks so much!

Re: Raphael Vineyards

• Options

Hi there - I chose a different venue, but I looked extensively at Raphael and was really considering it.

I have been there several times and it is not dark, it is absolutely beautiful and doesn't have that dark "rustic" feel.  The decor is Tuscan/Italian and it is definitely formal. 

The dance floor was one of the reasons I started to consider other venues... people can dance but it is in a separate room. The other reason is that on a saturday night, the hours for the wedding are 3pm-10pm no exceptions (I wanted something later).  There is a 10-15k site fee for saturday also.

I will say - if you have your wedding on a Friday, it makes a big difference to have it here.  They give you 30% off site fee and the hours are 4pm-11pm. Unfortunately, I was set on Saturday night.  Hope this helps!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards