Favors

Bells as placecard holders

Hello!

I was hoping to get cute little "kissing bell" place card holders but when I brought the idea up to my mom she thought people would be ringing them all night and it would be so annoying.  I need some opinions - we will have very few kids there, but would adults really obnoxiously ring them all night?  I think they're super cute, has anyone experienced a wedding with these little bells?  Thank you!

Re: Bells as placecard holders

• jackeyxo said:

Hello!

I was hoping to get cute little "kissing bell" place card holders but when I brought the idea up to my mom she thought people would be ringing them all night and it would be so annoying.  I need some opinions - we will have very few kids there, but would adults really obnoxiously ring them all night?  I think they're super cute, has anyone experienced a wedding with these little bells?  Thank you!

I think you will regret this. People will be ringing these things all night. Here's what I would do - set your phone alarm to go off every 5 minutes for 3-4 hours with the bell noise (except you can't turn it off unless you kiss your FI). That's what your reception will probably be like. I think you'll really, really regret this and I would not do it. 

I'm sure they're adorable, but in the name of your sanity (and your guests' sanity), I would pick something else.
    *********************************************************************************

• Hmmm. I debated those for my wedding as well, but opted out since I had quite a good amount of kids, I think that's where the problem would lie. I don't think adults would be obnoxious with the bells, at least until later in the night once the alcohol has kicked in, but by that time the music will be loud enough to drown out the bells anyways.
  • STCarlson said:
    Hmmm. I debated those for my wedding as well, but opted out since I had quite a good amount of kids, I think that's where the problem would lie. I don't think adults would be obnoxious with the bells, at least until later in the night once the alcohol has kicked in, but by that time the music will be loud enough to drown out the bells anyways.
    Don't count on it.  I would nix the bells idea real fast if you want some sort of sanity at your reception.
  • If you don't want your guests ringing the bells to get you to kiss (or for any other reason), I wouldn't put them out.
  • Could you get something bell shaped but that doesn't ring? It has to exist somewhere on the internet.
  • I have been to two weddings with kissing bells.  The first group only rang them about 3 times total.  The second crowd did it every 30 minutes or so.  It is definitly a know your crowd thing!  However as a cautionary thing(?) I was at one wedding with a bunch of younger guests (many in their 20's and 30's) and they didn't need any bells to make noise, they would knock a knife inbetween 2 glasses to make a bunch of noise. 

If you really really like the idea and your crowd isn't the annoying and obnoxious group you should be okay...but all in all I would skip it.  For you and your guests sake!

• a friend did this at her wedding and it was annoying-- no kids either!  Unless you want them ringing all night long I would not do this.  At least when people click the glasses its only now and then, but with the bells you just asking for it.

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards