Plus-Sized
Options

Reception dress and sneakers?

2»

Re: Reception dress and sneakers?

• Options
    ashfolio said:
    Holy opinions.... We are actually getting them other gifts as well, it is for pictures. But also because we will be walking and more comfortable. As far as being props or Barbie dolls, would you say the same about forcing them to wear a suit or dress you picked out? No, you wouldn't. I am really at a loss for how negative people are on here. I can't wait for my 'cutesy' pictures and my bridal party is really excited about getting to design their own shoes. I don't see the problem here nor do I see how it's a bad thing, but whatever.

It's not negative to tell the truth. It's just the truth.  And actually, I didn't force my bridal party to wear the same dress. I just picked the color.  The girls picked out a dress that suited them and fit their body type and style.

It's not a "problem" or a "bad thing". But given that a bridal gown is likely the most expensive and formal piece of clothing you will ever wear, pairing it with a pair of gym shoes looks pretty ridiculous and in my opinion, completely juvenile. Like, you haven't learned how to walk in grown up shoes yet.

JoanE2012 .   Time to mature enough to wear a pair of grown up shoes with a formal gown.  Even if they are flats.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards