Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Help an old lady with her hair?

I'm 39 days away from the wedding and I still have no idea what I'm going to do with my hair.   I have super long, thick hair so I have lots of options.  Wearing it down would be too heavy and too much with my accessories so I want to go up.   I'm in my early 40's so I have concerns about pulling it back and looking too matronly but, on the other side, I'm afraid some of the styles I like  are too young and will look silly on me.  I'm not wearing a hair piece. Pretty sure I'm not wearing a veil. The style that keeps jumping out at me when I look for ideas are the halo braid up dos.  Day to day, I usually wear my hair braided in one long braid down my back, so it's kind of a dressed up version of who I am and what I do anyway.   It  makes for a built it hairpiece.   It fits the casual, rustic style of our wedding and my  dress.   But is that look too young for someone my age?   (I also have bangs if it matters.)

Thought on this?  Help an old lady out, please.

Re: Help an old lady with her hair?

• KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited September 2013

I dont love that look. And I doubt you will love it in 10 years.

If you like the braid look, how about doing a braid along your hair line into a chignon. Or a side fish tail braid.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • WonderRedWonderRed member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited September 2013
    I saw that one too and saved it in my maybe file.  I just wasn't sure I could picture that one with bangs.  I was trying to avoid paying for a trial but am afraid I'm going to have to.

ETA:  These are the other two I keep coming back to.  I like the back of the first one with the braid of the second one.

• Ugh.  Scrap that whole line of though.  I just did a how to video then did a mock up and I look ridiculous with the braided thing.  Why is the hair thing so hard for me?
  • What if you did the possible one but without the braid? Or would a low ponytail with curls or a low side swept pony tail w/curls be an option?
  • Have you looked at how Zooey Deshanel does her hair for award shows? That might give you a few ideas since she has really thick hair with bangs.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • KatWAG said:
    Have you looked at how Zooey Deshanel does her hair for award shows? That might give you a few ideas since she has really thick hair with bangs.
    Ooh...thanks!  It's been really hard to find good examples with bangs.
  • What about a bun?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards