October 2013 Weddings

Sure Is Quiet Around Here

Well with two weekends down in this month and two more to go we are all so quiet!  hehe  I remember logging in every half hour just to see who responded to what!  Now half of us are wed and the rest of us are just waiting for that day!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 84 Invited
image 68 Yes
image 16 No
image 0 Unknown

Re: Sure Is Quiet Around Here

• Yep - like serving dinner at a table full of very hungry family!  Sure gets quiet!  Myself, I've got wedding overload on the brain I'm so excited!  I've been checking the boards constantly, too.  My wedding is set for Sat, Oct 26th.  I'm enjoying soaking up all things wedding-related in the meantime!  Wish the Oct '13 board was full of last minute conversations, lots of post-wedding immediate updates, and tons of real-time info - but honestly, I can tell ya I won't be posting in the days just before my wedding, and certainly not during the honeymoon!  What can you do!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It's exactly five days and one hour until our wedding, and that freaks me out.

I did find out that my favorite of the three nurse practitioners I work with is coming to the wedding though! I was pretty excited about that.

• Everyone's off on their honeymoons.  :) 

I'll be going home to paint my cupcake stand tonight.  Once that bad boy is done, I'm FINISHED with my DIYs.

I don't want to do a countdown.  I'm too busy obsessing over weather right now.  *gnaws nails*

I feel like the Gene Wilder "Willie Wonka"..."The suspense is terrible... I hope it'll last."

Except...not really.  ;)
  • @shaylagirl - You are in Texas if I remember right?  Is the weather not suppose to be good?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 84 Invited
    image 68 Yes
    image 16 No
    image 0 Unknown
  • @shaylagirl - You are in Texas if I remember right?  Is the weather not suppose to be good?
    She's worried about it being 72*!!! lol
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

Daisypath Wedding tickers 

• Wedding day is set for oct 26, and i cant friggen wait lol gonna fly by i work the next 4 days in a row then have two days off for my bachlorette party saturday  morning Fi and i are gonna run around and do last minute stuff that need to get for the hot beverage bar sunday gonna have to go to my moms with a hangover to print off all the wine labels thank you stickers for favors and the wedding programs. then gonna re check everything make sure we got it all then there is another three days of work then thursday off to get nails and wedding stuff completely together and friday set up saturday wedding day!! then weekend after honeymon wow when i write it that way definitely gonna fly by. we have had a couple wedding gifts come to us early my aunt,uncle cousins and grandmother bought us new plates silverware and glasses set and then friend and his family bought us a new bbq which was amazingly genereous of them. i'm excited to be able to see all my family members from far away who are coming it's gonna be an emotional day!!! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It sure is quiet around here!  With work and other family stuff going on - the Knot has been pushed to the back burner for me.

I did what I hope is my final trip to Michaels yesterday :).  Picked up my last odds and ends to finish up the favors and welcome bags. October 26 can't come soon enough!!! Woo hoo!

Congrats to those brides who have already tied the knot.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've been MIA for a while, unfortunately my plans of getting a lot of my diy done by August was derailed by planning our first conference for work, booo (couldn't it have waited until next year, I was engaged first!!!) LOL.

This is my last weekend push before Oct 26th wedding, hoping to finish everything up.
  • I was obsessing about weather too.  everything turned out perfect
    She's worried about it being 72*!!! lol
    LOL!!!

We're down to 69*.  BOO!!

Actually, what's got me wigging out is that, just 2 days ago, they were predicting thunderstorms for our wedding day.  Then it was intermittent rain.  Now we're down to cloudy with a 10% chance of rain.  I'll take it.  Even if it IS 69*.

For some weird reason, Central Texas right now is getting bombarded with rain.  We're not complaining about it as it's saving us from the brink of the Stage 3 drought conditions we were on the verge of.  But, 12" of rain overnight is a little bit much.  And, tonight is supposed to be more hellacious storms.

As long as Ma Nature gets it outta her system prior to Saturday, I'll be okay.
  • It's a little too early to predict the weather for the 26th yet, but that doesn't stop me from checking anyway.  Yesterday, they said possible ice.  Today, 10% chance of showers in the morning and 45 degrees.  Can I get 10 more degrees??
  • @shaylagirl ~ I hope it stops raining for you!!!  Until your post I hadn't really been checking the weather, or thought about it.  LOL  Yesterday it said it would be cloudy and 61.  Today it's mostly sunny and 77!  WOOHOO!!!  With an outdoor wedding at 4 p.m. I'm hoping for the warmer weather!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 84 Invited
    image 68 Yes
    image 16 No
    image 0 Unknown
  • I'm here!! I want to do a wedding recap post soon as well, but not sure when that will be.

How is everyone doing that is this weekend or next?? Getting everything done?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• Fartnuggets!!

Now I've got a 40% chance of rain.

Come on Texas...you're the land of drought and hotter'n blazes heat.  How, HOW can you be cold AND raining?!!

Get your shit together beloved State.  Because you're pissing me off.
  • @Sew ~ I'm down to the last odds and ends.  A few more thank you gifts stuff like that.  However, my FH reminded me that he still hasn't gotten shoes!!!  So we will be doing that this weekend.  LOL  

With 11 days left my brain has just turned off.  I'm making all kinds of stupid mistakes at work.  I'm filing things in the wrong place, emailing the wrong person, etc.  I need to stay focused this week so next week I can just kind of coast till the end of the day on Wednesday!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 84 Invited
    image 68 Yes
    image 16 No
    image 0 Unknown
  • Hi! I have finally reached the point where I am more excited than stressed.

Anniversary

• I'm Saturday.  Getting things done, slowly lol.  Last day of work is tomorrow.  Off on Thursday and Friday with my final meeting at the venue Thursday morning.
    I don't think it has hit me yet.  Everyone asks me if I'm excited or nervous and right now I feel nothing really lol.  I mean, not NOTHING...but I've just been busy with work and wedding tasks that I haven't wrapped my mind around the actual walking down the isle part haha.  I think it will all hit me at the rehearsal on Friday. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I was doing okay until I got home last night and saw I'll need to re-do the ribbon on my cupcake tower.  No bigs, just kind of annoying. 

I'm meeting with my photojournalist tomorrow for another sound clip (I've had a University of Texas photojournalist student following me around for the past few weeks, and it's been SUPER fun) and so she can get a few more photos.

I'm going out tonight to try and get SOMETHING for my MOH and BM since...I'm a procrastinator and never could really think of something JUST right.  Jewelry will work though, right?  :)  And no, not jewelry they are wearing in my wedding (thinking something with their son's birthstones in it [helps both their boys share the same birthstone...yay!).

Gotta email my musician to give him a timeline and what music to play when.  Drop all my stuff off at my venue Friday.  Do my nails Friday.  Pick up tuxes with the boys on Thursday.  And make sure we have cash to pay the musician on Saturday. 

Mostly it's all coasting from here on out.

And eyeballing the weather forecast.  Anywhere from a 30%, to a 15% to a 0% chance of rain.  More sites say 0% chance, so, I'm hoping they're right!!  :)

Also...WHY am I at work?!  I haven't been productive here in about 2 weeks except doing little things.  Seriously, I don't LIKE this part of the wedding process (being a shitty employee). 

Today's goal and tomorrow's for the few hours I'm at work; get things OUT of my cube so I can come back to a clean work space. 

And....GO!!!
  • I take it all back.  Woke up and it hit me this morning.  Today is my last day at work until after the honeymoon so that might be why.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I had one thing stressing me out - our place for our pup to stay for the three weeks we are away on our honeymoon fell through. Well today - with the help of our vet - we found an amazing resort for Abby!! It was also less than what we were planning to pay so I was able to add a bunch of extras - like doggie day camp, swimming, individual play time and a Kong treat at night! I'm sure there is other stuff that will come up and stress me out. ... but I can rest easy that abby will be taken care of when we are away.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • October 25th is our wedding and I'm going NUTS!  I wake p in the middle of the night with fears of "What if. . .?"  130 people don't get enought food, drink . .. what if the DJ doesn't show up? What if I look hiddious? The list is never ending. . . I'm so excited I can hardly stand it!

• Well i have been watching the weather and looks like tis going to rain the day of :( i hope the rain holds up for pictures though :( but people say rain on your wedding day is lucky lol :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I got so much done this weekend which makes me feel fantastic :)  Not just wedding related - but also winterized the house (since we will be gone for three weeks in november), washed the cars and had a date night (haven't had one in a while). 

@thejucheidea - that is beautiful!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The count is on . . . I have 3 days to get it all together. Just a few small things left. My veil needs fixed and I have to get some makeup but if any of the other items don't get don't it wont be the end of the world. Trying to relax and enjoy the idea of seeing old friends and having a good time of Friday.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards