May 2014 Weddings
Options

Cake is aggravating.

I've called so many different places for wedding cakes and nobody wants to give me their pricing, they just want me to place my order and wing it. I don't even like cake. Sigh.

Re: Cake is aggravating.

• Options
    I've never heard of them not giving baseline prices for wedding cakes. It will obviously vary depending on shape, number of tiers, whether you're using specialty flavours/icing/fillings, decoration, etc, but I would never, ever place an order before knowing what the cost was going to be. Usually, you go in for a consult, go through their portfolio and point out things you like and talk about what you want, and discuss budget from there.

• Options
    There's something to be said about avoiding the word "wedding" when getting quotes. Vendors hear that word and then think you're made of money. Anybody who can't give you a quote without you ordering is just asking for you to send your business elsewhere.
    -anjo (aka the future mrs miley :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @missangelinamiley that's what I was thinking. I'm just aggravated that they can't give me a bottom line and go from there. I'm also aggravated that whenever wedding is mentioned prices sky rocket. 
  • Options
    I can't believe anyone would expect you to order without knowing the price. Most bakers that I talked to though did want me to come in and see what I wanted before they gave me a price though because the prices can vary so much depending on the design and the flavors that you want. Have you had an actual consultation with anyone?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards