May 2014 Weddings

Invitation Rant/Vent

Ugh, I'm sorry but I've got to vent a bit.....

I've been working with a local print company on our wedding invitations.....Things have been going pretty good and I like that I'm able to customize a lot of the details, I may be focusing too much on little details like color and font styles but I have an art background so that just comes naturally to me. The thing that is bugging me the most is how do you miss spelling errors??? Especially when we are working from a template that you already have in your system??  We are on proof #4 and there's still spelling errors, not with our names which would be expected because we have unique spellings but with normal words like "reply", "attend" and "fourteen".  Ugh. 

Ok, I'm done now.  Thanks for listening fellow May brides!

Anniversary

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Invitation Rant/Vent

• I just went this weekend to pick out our invitations.  I'm (not so) patiently waiting for the proof.

I'm hoping I don't run into these issues.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Well, proof #5 was the one, thank god it didn't go to #6 lol!  On one hand, I'm really happy I was so nit-picky cuz it came out just the way I was envisioning it.  But it was a little stressful dealing with the spelling errors and custom elements we wanted lol.  I think one of the reasons there were so many is because English is not the designer's first language, but she has been so nice & understanding (as I' sure they work with much more crazier brides than me!) and sounded very pleased when I finally said I loved it & it was perfect.

Good luck to you with your invites!

Anniversary

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Spelling errors drive me INSANE - I don't understand how so many adults are out there making them consistently, but especially in their line of work.  It doesn't make sense.  How do you miss spell "attend"?  Don't even tell me, it will just make me mad. 
  • At least it's all sorted out now! :) I'm definitely a stickler for spelling, so I feel your pain. We have to start customizing our invites soon and I'm hoping I don't have the same issues. My biggest fear for the invites was just not finding any I liked! Haha Thank goodness for Etsy :)

• I just went this weekend to pick out our invitations.  I'm (not so) patiently waiting for the proof.

I'm hoping I don't run into these issues.

I'm STILL waiting.  I called my florist (who I intend to use for my invitations as well).  He emailed me proof that they submitted my information to the manufacturer and the manufacturers confirmation that they received the request.  They aren't sure what the delay is but they were just as pissed as I was.  I was seconds away from having my first "bridezilla" moment.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Wow! That is absolutey ridiculous @FutureMrsN3312 ! Can you contact the manufacturer at all?
  • @kellibastien I heard back from the florist today.  As of this morning, the manufacturer hadn't been in touch with anyone.  So Paul (one of the owners) called them to see what was going on.  They promised that they would have my pricing and proof by the end of the day.  So we'll see...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Well, good luck! Hopefully it's all perfect!
  • @FutureMrsN3312 I'm sorry there's been no communication to you about your invites!  I hope it all works out and you don't have many more issues with them!!

I've been meaning to post a pic of how the invitation came out, but I got super crazy busy with school & teaching.  Anyways, here's how it looks (I blacked out our names, fyi):

I still kinda wish the border was a little thicker, but I'm really happy with how it came out overall and I can't wait to send them out to our guests.

Anniversary

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • @ArtTeacher23 are you a Brooklyn girl?!?  My FI was born and raised there.  He moved last fall to SI.
    I think the border looks great as is.  It's not too over powering and doesn't take away from the floral design.

I finally got pricing.  I wanted square invites.  The quote was $2,096!  And that was with a 20% discount.

So we're going with the standard size which is significantly cheaper.  Still waiting on the proof.  I should have that any day now.  *Fingers Crossed*
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ArtTeacher23 I love your invites! I agree with @FutureMrsN3312 that the border looks really good the way it is, and anything wider or bolder might be a little distracting from how soft and pretty the floral design is. Very pretty :)

• Thank you so much ladies!  After spending 2 years planning everything, and with 6 months to go, this invite was the hardest/toughest thing to figure out lol so I'm glad it looks so good.

@FutureMrsN3312 I'm actually a Queens girl, born & raised.  But we've fallen in love with the BBG, especially their cherry blossoms!  I often go to that area of Brooklyn to visit the garden (we're members), the Brooklyn Museum, and now my thesis advisor lives in that area too so I'm now exploring the different coffee shops there when we met lol.

Wow!!! That is a lot for invitations.  I was thinking about doing square ones or even round, but I know that the postage is extra for them since they are a unique size so I didn't want to have that extra charge on top of everything.

Anniversary

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We just got our invite sample in the mail last week and are going to start going through the customization process in the next week or so. I'm hoping it doesn't end up being a headache! These are the ones we chose (same colour scheme): https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/66350766/as-seen-on-style-me-pretty-lola-wedding?ref=shop_home_active

• @pumpkinsandturkeys - OMG those are stunning! I love the layers and will be doing something like that for our programs.
    Anniversary

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • @ArtTeacher23 Thanks!!! We really fell in love with them as soon as we saw them, because they're SO different. They're a little pricey, but since we only need about 35, we could justify it. And it was difficult to find vendors who would let us print less than 50, so that was a win, too!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards