Alabama

Wedding Welcome Bags - Alabama Items

Hi everyone!

I'm not an Alabama bride (I'm from and getting married in Maryland), but FI is from Alabama.... Our wedding is in November, and we're trying to come up with something to include with our hotel welcome bags for guests that is from Alabama - it could be a snack food or seasoning or something like that... 

For example, we're including some Fischer's Caramel Popcorn as well as some Old Bay seasoning to represent MD, but all I can think of is Golden Flake potato chips. 

Other ideas welcome. (if it matters/helps, FI is from Tallapoosa Co., I went to Bama and lived in t-town& Montgomery while getting my graduate degree , and  FI's family are all Auburn alum/fans)

Thanks! 

Re: Wedding Welcome Bags - Alabama Items

• All of theses are Alabama companies/ products Mook's cheese straws, Hewett's honey farm, Priester's pecans ( they also sell candy), Morgan Price candy co. , Wood pecan co.
    Good luck. There is also an Alabama cheese maker in south Alabama if you are interested. Alabama also has a few wineries.
  • I googled "Alabama made gift basket" and several sites popped up suggesting Alabama-made products (both food and non-food related). I know of several Birmingham vendors who specialize in things like this but don't know how much practical help that would be.

Since you went to Alabama, Dreamland sauce might be an option since it has origins in Tuscaloosa. Also Wickles Pickles (and related products) are fantastic and originate from a family In Dadeville which is in Tallapoosa County :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards