Wedding Woes

And so begins another week

How was the weekend?

I'm going to do mine in pics. 

Saturday we came across the Sofia the Princess dress up at Costco with a Sofia doll.  She has been hanging on to "my fia" ever since.

Then my parents came for soccer and brought some treats for the kids.  Max was over the moon.

Sunday we went to the pumpkin patch and had a ball

I also realized I need new bras.

Re: And so begins another week

• Awww, they are cute. This weekend was one part awesome, one part meh. Friday night DH was out with a coworker/vendors so me and DS just chilled. Saturday I was useless. DH put together the crib and dresser for the nursery. I slept on and off that day then went to bed early. Sunday I got up with DS and tried again to do chores, was actually successful. Unfortunately, I had a raging cases of pregnancy hormones and was a mess. DH took DS to FIL's house and they carved a pumpkin so I could sort myself out. Used the time to go to Target alone. I got a bunch of little things done for the nursery, which is good. And I'm realizing that at this point I have 5 weeks or less so my anxiety is getting a little high.
  • Cute pics, 6.  Looks like a good weekend.

::hugs:: for pmeg.

My weekend was nice.  Friday we got our new dryer and got it up and running.  Then we went to DD1's parent-teacher conference.  We didn't learn anything that we didn't already know - she's strong-willed, catches on quickly, plays well with others, loves her dramatic play time.  Then it was off to Target.

Saturday was Son's last baseball game of 2013.  The girls and I mostly watched from the van, as it was cold, windy and rainy.  Sports/activities are over until the new year, unless the girls do ballet or tumbling or something.

I worked on the girls' halloween costumes on Saturday and Sunday and I feel better about where I am now.  They have to wear them this Saturday for Boo at the Zoo, and I feel like it's doable now.  I *think* I can actually get DD2's finished today or tomorrow for sure.  Okay, Wednesday at the latest.

• Weekend was pretty good. 

Friday, I went shopping.  I got some new clothes and a pair of riding boots that I've been wanting for-ev-er. 

Saturday, I had to work.  DH and the kids left halfway through the day to go hang out with MIL.  I went to a friend's baby shower and then went back to the mall to exchange some clothes that I had bought Friday because they didn't work out how I thought they would.

Sunday, grocery shopping, DH and the kiddo went shooting with DH's uncle, DefConn and I napped, football, football, and more football.  We stayed up for the end of the Colts game last night and I.am.dragging this morning. DH fell asleep on the couch with the TV blaring.  So I had to go get him at 1:45 and haul his ass to bed.  Need.more.coffee.
  • Oface4evaOface4eva member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited October 2013
    Wow, everyone seems to have had pretty good weekends.  *hugs pmeg* ;)

6, your kids are very cute.  I love sixlets smile, he's just happy. 

Taw---YAY for new dryer!  Conn---boots...do tell.

I got all my good stuff in.  Long run (cold but so fun), breakfast with the parents, football watching, beer and chili, and more running.  All was good.  Starting to really plan for H to come out to VEGAS.  YAY!!!

Now I just have to keep telling my parents we don't want to room with them.
  • Oface-

I bought these boots:  image

They are teh ossum.  Of course, I had to buy my first ever pair of skinny jeans to go with them. :)
  • OooOooOoo Those boots are niceee. 

PSST, I love skinny jeans, but mostly because they are stretchy.
  • Oh I forgot to share that I did a trip, step, belly-flop on the sidewalk while running.  That was fun, especially the fact my garmin bore the brunt of the fall.  The screen was pretty much shattered, but I can still read it and it works...so I suppose it's a win-win?
  • edited October 2013
    6 - I'm pretty sure your kids couldn't be cuter. I want to hug them all so badly.

Taw - yay! New dryer!

@mrs.Conn23 - find me boots that will go around my 1 giant (from my DVTs) calf. I hate trying to find boots/shoes because my right leg/foot messes up the sizing for me.

We went apple picking on Saturday and got a ton of winesaps. We also got 2 pumpkins. Then we visited my grandma.

Sunday H did homework and I started the unpacking process. Then we went to Target and got a new bedding set at Marshalls.
  • Dixie- The one's I bought were wide-calf and they leave a good 1/4 in. of space even with jeans on.  They're 16 in. circumference and there's plenty of space.  There's even elastic in the back to provide extra space/give.
  • We came home from the hospital Saturday. That night was an absolute fucking nightmare. Oscar and I were both sobbing, no one got any sleep.

On sunday, we went back to the hospital to get his weight checked since he lost 10% of his weight- he gained almost 2oz! We met with the LC again and figured out that the breast shield we were using wasn't the right size- that made a huge difference. We had a lot I friends come over to meet him that afternoon. Last night was way better and breastfeeding is getting better for the both of us.

DH went back to work today and MIL came over to help out. She's a baby hog.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Dixie- The one's I bought were wide-calf and they leave a good 1/4 in. of space even with jeans on.  They're 16 in. circumference and there's plenty of space.  There's even elastic in the back to provide extra space/give.
    It's only 1 leg that needs the wide for me. But I'll see what I can find. Thanks! :D
  • Aww Ali.  The first night home was the worst. They realize they're in a different place and they are down right rotten. 

YAY for weight gain AND for BFing picking up.  That's awesome.

Don't be afraid to hog your baby right back, but also take the opportunity to get some rest if you can (I never could rest when people were over).  ;) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards