October 2013 Weddings

Help! Reception venue just notified me there won't be any parking on Saturday!

Kind of freaking out right now.  The coordinator at my reception venue JUST emailed me this morning to "remind" me that there is a city festival event on Saturday, the day of my wedding, and there likely will not be parking available.  I swear, this is the absolute first I've heard of this.  She says I need to encourage my guests to carpool and use public transportation.  That's pretty much impossible because the ceremony is at a different location 20 minutes away.  What am I going to do?  They don't have a dedicated parking lot, but I have been assured through this whole process (we booked over a year ago) that there is ample municipal parking.  Now they are trying to pretend they told me about this the whole time?  Are you kidding me?  We would have chosen a different date if that was the case.

Re: Help! Reception venue just notified me there won't be any parking on Saturday!

• can you coordinate a bus or something for you guest to get on at the ceremony  I know thats added money to spend but then you guests can get to your reception
  • That is awful! I recommend renting a bus.  We had to do this since our hotel block was 20 mins away, and it's not cheap.  But in this case I think you may not have another option.  I'd also give the venue an earful.  What is the wording of your contract?  Any mention of this in email correspondence?
  • maybe try getting some school buses it shouldn't be too pricey but yes thats is very frustrating to have it brought up so close the the wedding date
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards