October 2013 Weddings
Options

Wedding day shape

Have you started? If not, when do you plan on starting?

I am in my sister's wedding in Aug so my mom and I started bootcamp which we got a great deal on from Groupon. Its 12 sessions, two times a weeks, 6 weeks. Last night was day two and I am already starting to feel the soreness in my muscles today. Tomorrow will be even worse but we are going again so that will help.

I am also training for a marathon.

What are you doing?

Would you be interested in an accountability thread to share your goals, food, and whatnot?

Re: Wedding day shape

• Options
    I'm always training for something. Accountability would be awesome.

Right now I'm training for a half ironman for charity.

Next spring I will do a half marathon probably. The fall right before the wedding I'm going to do a half marathon and triathlon I think. I'll take some down time at the end of spring and around christmas to let my body rebuild. No one likes a stress fracture, been there done that.
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • Options
    Im in my brothers wedding in November (as well as attending 4 other weddings this summer, Ahhh!) so I have been "toning up" for a couple of weeks now. 

I have been using Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown, and for fun I got the Wii Zumba game. Love them both, they give me a nice workout without making me feel like I am going to die and they are fun so I am more motivated to do them. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Dewing, you are so ambitious! After my first full I want to attempt sprint tris.

SweetB, we have two weddings this month, three in july, one in aug, one in sept, and one in Nov. so far! Its crazy!

• Options
    I would be interested.  I have been trying on my own but it doesn't seem to work as well .
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    July 2007 Photobucket
    october 2012 Photobucket
  • Options
    Stina Triathlon is much easier than marathon. I've done all three endurance races and here's my synopsis.

Century Ride = Ultimate Mind Game. 100 miles at mile 80 everything looks the same. The activity itself isnt hard on the body its remaining in correct position for hours thats difficult.
    Marathon/Halfmarathon (half in my case) = Moderate mind game, and ultimate body beat down. The constant pounding is brutal.
    Triathlon= At the standard olympic distance the endurance sport for ADD. Its the easiest on the body if you handle transition well, if not you're going to hate it (laying down, sitting, and then standing). When I got done with the olympic I literally went wait a minute thats it? I could do 2 of those.

I dont anticipate the 70.3 will be that easy. I actually anticipate coming through the line screaming I am ironman then collapsing. FI expects this too with my issues with salts.

I'd actually really like to do a powerman. I may look into that next year. Its on my bucket list hard core. From what I understand powerman duathlon is the worst on your body its wicked painful and cruel. Run 6.2 Bike 60 Run 6.2. Your body doesnt want to transition back to running after the first round and the bike its all lactic thresh hold. I think with my health condition I will addapt very very well to this; I'm used to pain.

DIStickers.com Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_wedding-day-shape?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:39e6dd23-bae1-44c4-971c-ae3d58ca4bfcPost:8785178f-2999-487f-9da0-414f859dca9e">Re: Wedding day shape</a>:
    [QUOTE]Stina Triathlon is much easier than marathon. I've done all three endurance races and here's my synopsis. Century Ride = Ultimate Mind Game. 100 miles at mile 80 everything looks the same. The activity itself isnt hard on the body its remaining in correct position for hours thats difficult. Marathon/Halfmarathon (half in my case) = Moderate mind game, and ultimate body beat down. The constant pounding is brutal. Triathlon= At the standard olympic distance the endurance sport for ADD. Its the easiest on the body if you handle transition well, if not you're going to hate it (laying down, sitting, and then standing). When I got done with the olympic I literally went wait a minute thats it? I could do 2 of those. I dont anticipate the 70.3 will be that easy. I actually anticipate coming through the line screaming I am ironman then collapsing. <strong>FI expects this too with my issues with salts</strong>. I'd actually really like to do a powerman. I may look into that next year. Its on my bucket list hard core. From what I understand powerman duathlon is the worst on your body its wicked painful and cruel. Run 6.2 Bike 60 Run 6.2. Your body doesnt want to transition back to running after the first round and the bike its all lactic thresh hold. I think with my health condition I will addapt very very well to this; I'm used to pain.
    Posted by dewingedpixie[/QUOTE]

Interesting!!

So the bolded part. What is that about? Im interested just because I get dehydrated really easily and cramp up easily too. I get charlie horses probably about 3-4 times a week.

• Options

Stina,

I actually have a number of health issues. I'll send you a PM. You may actually have a potassium problem over a sodium one.

DIStickers.com Ticker
  • Options
    Do you girls use nike +?  I was doing a challenge with some girls from the nest for awhile.  I noticed we have a few runners on this board.  We can create a challenge just for the October board. If we all used it to keep track of our miles it might motivate me and others to run more.  I tend to get competitive haha.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    July 2007 Photobucket
    october 2012 Photobucket
  • Options
    I used to use nike plus then went to the garmin 610. Lately I've been running without and really making some fantastic strides. I'm a pretty solid sub 9 runner now. I'll probably go back to the garmin in a few weeksn but I'm really enjoying the freedom of just running.
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • Options
    I also use a Garmin. I've heard things about the Nike+ but just couldn't get myself to switch. Im attached to my Garmin.

• Options
    I started running a few weeks ago with my FI parents who are marathon runners and am starting a 5k program in a few weeks through thier running club. I also joined a  gym.... Just wish I had a trainer to help me excercise. I have a very active job as a dental/ surgical assistant . I  found outthe hard way I do a lot of squatting and step ups at work
  • Options
    I'm getting married October 4th, 2013 so I have plenty of time. I'm on a calorie counting diet that I love and works! MyFitnessPal.com or find it in the app store on Apple or Droid. If you have it, add me! TigerEyes100413 : I've also been walking my dog and Zumba! : HTH!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards