Registry and Gift Forum

Sodastream

Did any of you receive a Sodastream as a gift? If so, how do you like it and would you purchase it yourself if no one had gotten it for you? Its one of the few bigger things left on our registry and I'm thinking we're probably not going to receive it as a gift. I'm kind wondering if it's something worth purchasing with wedding cash or if we should just forget about it...

Re: Sodastream

• I don't have one, but I've had samples of the lemon lime soda and cola. They were both disgusting. But I've heard a lot of people like them because there are other soda recipes out there.
  • My cousins own a soda stream, they just drink lots of carbonated water so they like it.
  • edited July 2013
    We registered for one and received it. We haven't used it yet since our wedding is a couple weeks away, but my FI's friend has one and loves it.  He's actually the one that bought it for us, and my FI registered for it after trying the soda at his friend's place.

ETA: If my FI didn't want a Sodastream so bad, we would not have registered for it, and if someone hadn't bought it for us, we probably would not have purchased it ourselves.
  • I have one.  DH got it for me as a gift.  I drink lots of seltzer, so I like it a lot.  It came with some syrups, but they all have artificial sweetener, which we don't drink, so I never tried them.  Sometimes I mix the seltzer with juice (like cranberry/seltzer) or add a little frozen juice concentrate (lemonade, lime, etc.), but I mostly just drink it plain.  There may not be a huge cost savings over buying seltzer from Costco, but I like not going through so many bottles.  It's also more convenient than carrying in a bunch of bottles.  

If you don't get it as a gift, shop around to see where you can find the best price.  Seems like they're often on sale somewhere.  
  • itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    DH & I love it for entertaining. Makes it super easy to have everyone's favorite soda/mixer on hand.
  • itzMS, that's a good point, I hadn't thought of it being useful for entertaining. And yeah I saw it at walmart yesterday for $79, so basically BBB's price with a 20% off coupon. I'll look around though if we are gonna get one.
  • itzMS, that's a good point, I hadn't thought of it being useful for entertaining. And yeah I saw it at walmart yesterday for $79, so basically BBB's price with a 20% off coupon. I'll look around though if we are gonna get one.
  • I have one (we bought it ourselves) and love it.  We don't use it to make sodas, we use it solely for carbonated water (we are huge seltzer drinkers).  It really cuts down on all the bottles from buying seltzer (which I like too bc it's more environmentally friendly), and I don't miss carrying heavy bottles from the store.  I often mix in lime or lemon juice for some flavor if I get tired of plain water.  I'd buy another one in a second; we use it daily.
  • We have one and enjoy using it. Would we have paid for one ourselves? No. But since we had all the basics already from each living on our own we decided to register for things that needed to be replaced/updated or things we wouldn't buy for ourselves but would like. A few of our friends went in together to buy it for us along with several flavors. It's nice especially be we drink diet everything and if someone comes over who doesn't drink diet, I can make them something quickly that they will enjoy.

Oh yeah, the country time lemonade ice tea, not so good carbonated, at least in my opinion

• I have one.  DH got it for me as a gift.  I drink lots of seltzer, so I like it a lot.  It came with some syrups, but they all have artificial sweetener, which we don't drink, so I never tried them.  Sometimes I mix the seltzer with juice (like cranberry/seltzer) or add a little frozen juice concentrate (lemonade, lime, etc.), but I mostly just drink it plain.  There may not be a huge cost savings over buying seltzer from Costco, but I like not going through so many bottles.  It's also more convenient than carrying in a bunch of bottles.  

If you don't get it as a gift, shop around to see where you can find the best price.  Seems like they're often on sale somewhere.  

This. And (this is why I actually wanted it) we always have perfectly carbonated mixers! No more half empty cans of tonic and club soda in the fridge. I feel like it's a lot less waste in the long run (with regard to mixers). The sodas aren't anything special, but I do like that you can use less syrup and have a less sweet cola or lemon lime.
  • DF and I got one for last Christmas. We used it a lot and loved it for a while, but since we both went on diets, we haven't TOUCHED it. The regular sodas like orange and "fountain mist" (Mountain Dew) are very good, but the diet ones are completely disgusting. If you drink quite a bit of regular, non-diet soda, I think it's great, but personally would not recommend it if you don't.

• FI and I have one (I bought it for him as a gift a couple of years ago) and we love it. We are not big soda drinkers, so we never have any on hand. But with the SodaStream, we can have some when we want it without having bottles/cans of soda taking up the fridge. We are both diet soda drinkers and he has the occasional regular and we really enjoy it. Taste-wise, it's good. You can tell the difference, but convenience of actually having a soda outweighs that for us. 

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I got mine as a Christmas present a few years ago. I'm obsessed with it. I really only use it for soda water, which is luckily mine and FI's favorite thing in the world. If you're not a big club soda fan, then I wouldn't bother. If you are, it's worth it's weight in gold.
  • We have one and absolutely love it. I usually just add a squeeze of lemon or lime juice to it but have had the diet cola. It's not as good as diet coke but ok in a pinch. I recently convinced my parents to get one and they love it!
  • I'm making my registry now, which is painful, since I really don't need anything, but would like to give some options for traditional guests. However, a soda stream is the only thing I'm super excited about. I go through a case of club soda a week from costco, which isn't that expensive, but heavy to lug. If we don't get it, I'll probably buy it anyway.
  • My FI and I bought a SodaStream from HSN and we hated it. We thought it tasted awful so we sent it back.
    ---
    tabbicakes 

133 image     74 image     59   image   
    RSVP Date: September 20

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Did any of you receive a Sodastream as a gift? If so, how do you like it and would you purchase it yourself if no one had gotten it for you? Its one of the few bigger things left on our registry and I'm thinking we're probably not going to receive it as a gift. I'm kind wondering if it's something worth purchasing with wedding cash or if we should just forget about it...
    We did not register for one, but we received one. We actually love it. We use is regularly and my husband is now obsessed with it. We have tried probably 5 or 6 different sodas with it and so far we've liked all of them!
    1385876 10200959833108451 1467805166 n
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards