Wedding Party

MOH and Matron of Honor. Help!!

I have a matron of honor, who is my cousin.

My Maid of Honor has been my best friend for years.

Both are sisters to me, but how do I decide who goes first? 

Is there usually an order for the ceremony in which they walk down the aisle?

Re: MOH and Matron of Honor. Help!!

• Don't overthink this one. It really doesn't matter - it's the same "title" anyway, just one is married and one is not. 

I've got two big sisters; I honestly plan on just telling them to line up however they want during the rehearsal. Do it randomly, alphabetically, pick the one you're closer to, pick the shorter one so people lined up behind her can see, etc. It doesn't matter at all. 
  • PDKH said:
    Don't overthink this one. It really doesn't matter - it's the same "title" anyway, just one is married and one is not. 

I've got two big sisters; I honestly plan on just telling them to line up however they want during the rehearsal. Do it randomly, alphabetically, pick the one you're closer to, pick the shorter one so people lined up behind her can see, etc. It doesn't matter at all. 
    Ditto.  There's no hard rules on this.  
  • Maybe ask them to do rock, paper, scissors?  There really is no right or wrong answer.  Let them figure it out.  You may see that they just naturally fall into place.
  • I also have a matron of honor and maid of honor for my wedding.  However, it was easier for me to decide because it was between my best friend and younger sister.  I chose to have my sister come first, followed by my best friend.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards