Wedding Party

No Bridal Party?

I've been thinking I don't want anyone in my bridal party-too much stress.

What are other ways I can incorporate my best friends into my wedding? Maybe getting up and saying a little speech either in the wedding or at the reception. I already want them to come get ready with me.

Thoughts???

Re: No Bridal Party?

• They can be readers or singers. Speeches and toasts are things that are offered, not assigned. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I also don't get how a wedding party is stressful.

Just be clear in your communication and reasonable in your expectations and you'll have a great time. Problems only arrise when you treat your bridesmaids like slaves or props in your wedding versus, you know, your FRIENDS.
  • A bridal party isn't necessary. Your attendants or lack of attendants is completely up to you.

That said, if you want to incorporate your friends, you can give them a reading, buy them a corsage, seat them in the first few rows, seat them with/near you at the reception, etc. If someone offers to give a toast at your wedding, you can take them up on it. If not, there are no toasts. It's not a big deal. 

Throughout the planning process, you can invite them dress shopping and take them up if they offer to help with any DIY or other wedding related projects. 

FWIW, it's really not that stressful to have a WP. Some brides go overboard, but you don't have to. You just ask them if they want to be a BM; if they say yes, you ask their budget for a dress; you pick a dress with the lowest budget; they show up and stand next to you at the wedding. That's really it. Parties and all that are unnecessary frills.
    *********************************************************************************

• it should not be stressful--say hey be my bridesmaid--wear a any dress you like in this color and whatever shoes/accessories they want that go with it. That is all they have to do. Most girls already have a black dress/shoes, so to make it super easy go with that. done

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards