Wedding Invitations & Paper

Wedding announcements/ invites to an open house?

My fiancée and I are having a very small wedding, under 50 people. With this limit we are only able to invite some of our large family and the wedding party. We decided that because we still want to celebrate with the people we still love and care about but couldn't invite to the wedding we will be having a big open house the following week to celebrate. I am looking for suggestions on wording of those invites because of course I don't want people to fell left out. Plus I will have to send out the invites before our wedding (which is a 'no no' for wedding annocements) but also very important we are NOT expecting or wanting gifts. We just want to be able to celebrate with everyone we love...even if it's not on our wedding day.

Re: Wedding announcements/ invites to an open house?

• My fiancée and I are having a very small wedding, under 50 people. With this limit we are only able to invite some of our large family and the wedding party. We decided that because we still want to celebrate with the people we still love and care about but couldn't invite to the wedding we will be having a big open house the following week to celebrate. I am looking for suggestions on wording of those invites because of course I don't want people to fell left out. Plus I will have to send out the invites before our wedding (which is a 'no no' for wedding annocements) but also very important we are NOT expecting or wanting gifts. We just want to be able to celebrate with everyone we love...even if it's not on our wedding day.

Why don't you just have an "open house"? I realize 50 isn't a lot of people when you include your guests, plus guests of your FI, your ILs, and those of your parents, but I wouldn't want a reminder that I wasn't in your top 50, so I definitely wouldn't make it wedding related.
  • I thought open houses were done when one wants to sell their house.  Anyways, I don;t see anything wrong with throwing a party/get together, but it shouldn't be wedding related.  I agree with NYCMercedes, this feels like a consolation prize and wouldn't make me feel any less involved in your wedding. 
  • I think the wording your looking for is a house warming? If you are moving into a new house with you FI you could have a house warming party, but don't expect gifts from others.
  • You can have an open house party for any reason at anytime. It is simply a party where people can cone anytime during the stated hours, as the house is then open and guest are welcome.

An open house, but not a party, is when potential buyers can view your listed house without an appointment.

A house warming can be a type of open house party or a scheduled time party. It is a party you throw to show everyone your new home and if it is your first home people with often bring a gift.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• I'd just wait and have an open house several to many weeks, to few MONTHS later with some sort of "holiday" theme - like Winter Holiday open house, Spring time garden party open house, 4th of July/ summer barbecue open house, Fall/cider/Halloween open house, Thanksgiving or Football/other-Game-Day open house.
    My fiancée and I are having a very small wedding, under 50 people. With this limit we are only able to invite some of our large family and the wedding party. We decided that because we still want to celebrate with the people we still love and care about but couldn't invite to the wedding we will be having a big open house the following week to celebrate. I am looking for suggestions on wording of those invites because of course I don't want people to fell left out. Plus I will have to send out the invites before our wedding (which is a 'no no' for wedding annocements) but also very important we are NOT expecting or wanting gifts. We just want to be able to celebrate with everyone we love...even if it's not on our wedding day.
    The thing is, that you ARE leaving them out. It isn't necessarily a bad thing - you'll have the wedding you want, but it's not a consolation to be invited to a less-important party only a week or two later. I would totally feel obligated to bring a wedding gift because of the close proximity of your wedding date. Give it enough time to at least send out invitations AFTER your wedding.
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • You can certainly have an open house.  But if you're not inviting these people to your wedding, then the open house should not be wedding-related.  That will make these people feel "left out."  There really isn't any way to "include" them when you're not inviting them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards