Favors

People stealing other people's favours?!

So my wedding was this past weekend. For favours we did playing cards for the guys & lip balm for the ladies (they were in a small basket on each table). We also had a cake pop at each place setting & instead of table numbers we did chocolate bars as table names, so there was also that kind of chocolate bar at each place setting.

A couple of my friends said they didn't get to eat their chocolate bar because they got up to get their dinner and when they came back to their table their chocolate bar was gone! Like honestly, who takes a chocolate bar from someone at a wedding?! Especially when you had your own at your table... I just don't understand some people....it wasn't like there wasn't plenty of dessert - assorted pies, cheesecake, the cake pops and then finally the chocolate bars. People just astound me with their greed sometimes...

Re: People stealing other people's favours?!

• Some people are just greedy girl... lol.
  • were there kids there? not going to lie when I was seven I was a flower girl in my cousins wedding and everyone remembers how I went to every place setting at our table stealing one of the chocolates in the godiva box.  Sorry, I was 7-- luckily I did not take them all and people thought it was cute.  As far as adults, that is rude!

Anniversary
  • Majelin86Majelin86 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited October 2013

were there kids there? not going to lie when I was seven I was a flower girl in my cousins wedding and everyone remembers how I went to every place setting at our table stealing one of the chocolates in the godiva box.  Sorry, I was 7-- luckily I did not take them all and people thought it was cute.  As far as adults, that is rude!

There were only our 2 nieces and nephew for kids. I don't think they'd take them either...

• Majelin86 said:

So my wedding was this past weekend. For favours we did playing cards for the guys & lip balm for the ladies (they were in a small basket on each table). We also had a cake pop at each place setting & instead of table numbers we did chocolate bars as table names, so there was also that kind of chocolate bar at each place setting.

A couple of my friends said they didn't get to eat their chocolate bar because they got up to get their dinner and when they came back to their table their chocolate bar was gone! Like honestly, who takes a chocolate bar from someone at a wedding?! Especially when you had your own at your table... I just don't understand some people....it wasn't like there wasn't plenty of dessert - assorted pies, cheesecake, the cake pops and then finally the chocolate bars. People just astound me with their greed sometimes...

Maybe they zoned out during the 30 minutes of speeches and ate the chocolate bar and just don't remember?

Oh good god, really? So mature...

• JoanE2012 said:
    Majelin86 said:

Maybe they zoned out during the 30 minutes of speeches and ate the chocolate bar and just don't remember?
    This would be my guess...
    *********************************************************************************

• DEVASTATION! OMGZZZZ. I didn't get my chocolate bar. And then I complained to the bride about it.

Classy friends!
  • itzMS said:
    DEVASTATION! OMGZZZZ. I didn't get my chocolate bar. And then I complained to the bride about it. Classy friends!

It wasn't like they came & complained to me. Someone said afterward (like the next day) that they loved the chocolate bar idea, and one of my friends was like "yeah, if only I got to eat mine!" and another said the same. So I asked them why they didn't & they said because someone had taken theirs. I just don't get why people would take a chocolate bar from someone? It's so stupid. We wanted to give them to people as part of their favours, just sucks that they didn't all get theirs, that's all. And that adults would steal something that small when they could just go buy one the next day is beyond me...
  • This happened at my bridal shower!  There were assorted china teacups on saucers with teabags in them. They were quite lovely!  I didn't even get one at the end of the day because a bunch of people took more than one!  My mother observed one of my fiance's cousins putting four in her bag as she was leaving and making the comment that her friends would just adore these!  I don't know why people behave in such a manner.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards