Wedding Party
Options

Two Maids of Honor???

I dont know what to do about my sisters! I have two older sisters Courtney (26) and Whitney (24), both whom I am very close with since we've grown up. They were each others maids of honor for their weddings while I was still in highschool so it was a given I was a bridesmaid. Well now I'm grown up and I am close with both of them but I don't how to choose! I moved to Texas two years ago with the Courtney. I live with her and her husband & their two kids. We are very close and she would be the ideal choice since she is here with me to help me with all the planning. Whtiney lives in California (my home town) and we are very close. I feel like I would be insulting her to ask her to be a bridesmaid.

Yes I know I can have two maid of honors, just worry then about them not being able to agree on things. I also have three little sisters and four friends who will be my bridesmaids. So I am not short on bridesmaids!

Re: Two Maids of Honor???

• Options
    Don't look at your MOH as someone who can help with planning - that's not her job. She/They only have to show up in the dress sober and smile in the pictures. Everything else is gravy, and adjusting your expectations might make everyone happier in the end.

That being said, if you're close to both of them, just follow your own advice and make them both MOH. What would they have to agree on? If you're worried about them planning a bridal shower or bachelorette party, let them cross that bridge when they come to it (of their own desire, of course).
  • Options

I dont know what to do about my sisters! I have two older sisters Courtney (26) and Whitney (24), both whom I am very close with since we've grown up. They were each others maids of honor for their weddings while I was still in highschool so it was a given I was a bridesmaid. Well now I'm grown up and I am close with both of them but I don't how to choose! I moved to Texas two years ago with the Courtney. I live with her and her husband & their two kids. We are very close and she would be the ideal choice since she is here with me to help me with all the planning. MOHs aren't supposed to help with any planning.. MOH is just an honorary title. Whtiney lives in California (my home town) and we are very close. I feel like I would be insulting her to ask her to be a bridesmaid.

Yes I know I can have two maid of honors, just worry then about them not being able to agree on things. Thankfully, they don't need to agree on anything if you play your cards right. I also have three little sisters and four friends who will be my bridesmaids. So I am not short on bridesmaids!

Just ask them both if you want to. Whitney doesn't have to help with any planning and she and Courtney don't have to agree on anything because they don't have to be involved in planning. 

Good luck planning!
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    What do they need to agree on?  
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I went to a wedding where the bride had 3 best friends growing up, so all three of them were MOH's. They all helped with the planning and when it came time to do a toast, all three of them gave one together. It was very heartfelt and touching.  What i've come across in planning other weddings, there is no right and wrong. As long as you make it work for you and fit into the energy of your day, you can make anything happen.  As far as making decisions, if the three of you are so close, you might be making many decisions and planning with the two anyway, so no harm in having them both be MOH's. 
  • Options
    What everyone else has said :) BTW- If they are married, they're not maids they're matrons
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    Two MOHs is fine, as is no MOH/all bridesmaids.  Anyone who offers to help with planning can do so (if you also want their help, that is).  So while it may be common for the MOH to plan shower/bach/etc, they can do it alone, together, or not at all. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

Thank you everyone! i will probably end up having both of them as the MOH's. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards