Michigan-Detroit
Options

Officiant

I'm looking for an officiant for about $150. Any recommendations? Is this amount realistic? Also what did you take into consideration when choosing an officiant? My fiance and I are not religious and we are writing our own vows.

Re: Officiant

• Options
    chellekelchellekel member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited January 2013
    I am using Kirk Hass from secularceremony.com.  He is $275.  I'm not sure you are going to find much cheaper.  He is very nice and accomodating so far.  Me and my FI are also not religious, and Pastor Kirk said he would pretty much do anything we asked.
  • Options
    Thanks! I've seen some other posts where people recommended him so I have him on my list but wanted to see if I can find someone cheaper.
  • Options
    I highly recommend Rev Kirk as well.  We loved working with him.  It will be the best $275.00 you ever spent.

We looked into other officiants and I don't remember anyone being close to $150.00.
  • Options
    We had a friend get ordained online. He was free.

I would only recommend doing this if you know someone who is good at/comfortable with public speaking. If you're writing your own ceremony/vows then all the officiant is doing is really reading a script and has to sign the documents. Easy!
  • Options
    I only have one friend who I would be comfortable using as an officiant and she is my bridesmaid so that wont work. We are setting up an interview with someone who is in our price range. We found her on craisglist. I know that  may be a bit risky but we are not expecting a lot from our officiant. I dont need or want them to talk about us as a couple or do any grand speech. Our vows will be the main focus of the ceremony.  
  • Options
    I've been during a hunt myself for a secular officiant and most folks come in around $300, maybe more if you want to do a rehearsal.
  • Options

We went through La Donna Weddings (Donna Schonoff) and she was amazing to work with.  Price was $300.  She walked us through the whole process and was personable, yet professional.  She has examples of ceremonies you can choose from, or she will help you develop your own personal ceremony.  There are also other officiants at this company.  I would highly recommend!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards