Getting in Shape

Re: Starting Insanity

• Options
    You can do it! FI and I are finishing up week 3 of Insanity for our November wedding. It's tough but push yourself to where you can and it's okay to take breaks (all the people in the video do). My form and endurance has drastically increased in the 3 weeks I have been doing the program. 

The big thing for me is making sure that I eat enough food. I increased my caloric intake and have lost about 3lbs since starting. Don't try and do the program on a very minimal calorie intake or your body will go into starvation mode. If I can answer any questions, let me know. I'm no expert but I am just ahead of you in the program.

• Options
    I've only done one day so far and it kicked my @ss! I'm getting ready to do day 2 here in a few before bed:/ I just want it to get easier! (and obviously losing weight and toning would be great too since I'd like to lose about 80 lbs, obviously not all before the wedding though:/)
  • Options
    @Sembree1, it's going to seriously kick @ss! But don't get discouraged because you will improve. Also, don't expect to be perfect. Like I said, even the people on the video go at different paces and take breaks. 

Stick with it :) !
  • Options
    I'd just like to make it through the warm up without needing a break! It is really encouraging though to see the people on the video taking breaks, makes me feel better! Soon enough I will be able to do it all:) Thanks for the support @mrspizanotobe !!!!
  • Options
    @Sembree1 I hope you like Cardio Power and Resistance today! Tomorrow is Recovery, which I really like. 

This is my last week of month 1, I am hoping month 2 doesn't kill me!
  • Options
    Are you doing the whole Beachbody program, or just the Insanity videos?  It really helps to have a coach!  One of the instructors at my dance studio is a coach and since I've been with her I've gotten better results than before.  
    photo a9462148-4aa2-44d9-90ce-7f8b4d94b393_zps20ae9070.jpg
  • Options
    I agree with PP. I have a coach that has a facebook accountability group (private group) and everyone is super encouraging. If you want to sign up for a coach you can get a free account from Beachbody and I can give you her name if you want. But there are tons of different coaches out there that are helpful. 
  • Options
    I completed insanity ! Just be prepared for month two ... The workout length almost doubles for some of te videos . The first one for month two is 60 minutes and harder . Lol . It was a shock at first but you can do it !!!! It had me looking shredded and lean by my wedding . My husband (then fiancé) and I did it together for support . We added in other cardio on the light / recovery days too . Have fun and work hard an you will 10000% see results !
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Sembree1 said:
    I'd just like to make it through the warm up without needing a break! It is really encouraging though to see the people on the video taking breaks, makes me feel better! Soon enough I will be able to do it all:) Thanks for the support @mrspizanotobe !!!!
    I've done three rounds of insanity now and I still sometimes need to take a break during the warm ups.  And for motivation, look at the people in the video, they stop constantly so don't get too discouraged and really really focus on form so you don't get hurt like Shaun T says, or else you completely can't do it which sucks.
    -anjo (aka the future mrs miley :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    how often did you stop during the exercises? Did anyone take creatine?
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    During the exercises I probably stopped twice. So normally there's three circuits, consisting of three exercises. So that's a lot of breaks but I still had great results, hence me doing it three times already.

Me personally, I don't take many supplements because I'm hyper sensitive to many dietary supplements. So I have no experience with creatine.
    -anjo (aka the future mrs miley :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I don't take creatine but I do make protein shakes and have upped my protein intake overall. 
  • Options
    @mrspizanotobe, my coach has a private facebook group as well that I have found really helpful.  We all post our progress pics and meal plans, and it is good for staying motivated.  I wasn't expecting to get to know everyone so well, but we have become a close little group!  

@Grabows14 Creatine makes you retain water so I try to stay away from it unless I am strength training.  It's good for bulking the muscles, but you have to make sure that you've got time to cut the bloat before your big event.  
    photo a9462148-4aa2-44d9-90ce-7f8b4d94b393_zps20ae9070.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards