Wedding Invitations & Paper

Bridal Shower Response Cards

Hello everyone!

I am trying to make it easier on my out of town MOH as far as RSVP's for my shower and my boss suggested I do response cards for the shower. I had never heard of this until she suggested it (she did it for her sisters shower).

What do you think? Is it worth the trouble? I tried Regret's Only for my MOH's shower two years ago and it went horribly.

I just want to make it easier on everyone!

Re: Bridal Shower Response Cards

• Whoa, whoa, whoa - people should not be RSVP'ing for you to your own shower nor should you have anything to do with invitations except hand over a guest list.You are not the host. 

I'm used to seeing an email and a phone number on bridal shower invites (for either regrets only or for a real RSVP). Your MOH can call/email anyone who doesn't RSVP by the date. I think RSVP cards for a shower sounds like a waste of paper and a waste of her money. 
  • You shouldn't be doing this.  Just hand her a guest list (providing she offered to host you this shower) and call it a day.
  • Hello everyone!

I am trying to make it easier on my out of town MOH as far as RSVP's for my shower and my boss suggested I do response cards for the shower. I had never heard of this until she suggested it (she did it for her sisters shower).

What do you think? Is it worth the trouble? I tried Regret's Only for my MOH's shower two years ago and it went horribly.

I just want to make it easier on everyone!

Let the hostess handle it.
  • I've never seen response cards for a shower. It's usually just a phone number to call and RSVP.
  • I've seen RSVP cards for showers before- my one friend actually had them for hers. I liked the idea though because then the person knows for a fact who is attending and who isn't. My other friend did RSVP through telephone. Sadly I wasn't able to attend her shower because i'd have to take off work to travel there and with my own wedding I can't afford to take off time (though- I am taking off 2 days to be able to attend her wedding). I didn't call as the invite was for RSVP.. and she texted me asking if I was attending. Uh. If I was going to attend, I would of called?
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I've seen RSVP cards for showers before- my one friend actually had them for hers. I liked the idea though because then the person knows for a fact who is attending and who isn't. My other friend did RSVP through telephone. Sadly I wasn't able to attend her shower because i'd have to take off work to travel there and with my own wedding I can't afford to take off time (though- I am taking off 2 days to be able to attend her wedding). I didn't call as the invite was for RSVP.. and she texted me asking if I was attending. Uh. If I was going to attend, I would of called?
    A RSVP is a request for a response by the invited person.  That means you should respond no matter if you are going or not.  Sometimes on the invite it will say "RSVP, regrets only" which means that only those that are unable to come will RSVP while all others if no response is received are assumed coming.  So unless the invite you got said "RSVP, regrets only" you should have responded which is why the host called you.

RSVP = repondez s'il vous plait. This is French for please respond. That means you should respond, not ignore it if you plan on not going. I'm  not sure where people came up with this "if I don't respond they will know I'm not coming". This is why so many brides come on here saying people aren't responding and they end up having to call and follow up. You should always respond when someone sends you an invitation. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards