New Jersey
Options

Grove/Rockleigh/Venetian

Hi all!
I am newly engaged and over the moon! Wohoooo ! ;) But time to get down to business....
FI gave me a "wow" ring and a "wow" engagement so I would like to splurge on a "wow" venue. When having over 300 people the price at the grove nearly threw me from my chair. I also love the Venetian and the Rockleigh. Does anyone know if the pricing at these venues are similar? Any reviews on the grove or rockleigh? I've been a guest at the Venetian and feel it is phenomenal.
Thanks in advance!!!!

Re: Grove/Rockleigh/Venetian

• Options
    I know that the Venetian and Rockleigh are similar to each other in price, but I'm not sure how they compare to the Grove because I never went to go see that one. I would imagine that they are similar though. Sorry I don't think this was much help at all! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit Fall.weddings.com
  • Options
    I saw all three and they were all pretty similar but I feel that the Grove may have been a little more than the Venetian and Rockleigh. Can't remember exact prices though..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I looked at all three. I am having my wedding at the Grove in one month. It was just a bit more than both the Venetian and Rockleigh but only by about $20-25/pp
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you girls and congrats gelaine!
  • Options
    Congrats on your engagement! If you're looking at the Grove, Venetian & Rockeigh, you should also check out Crystal Plaza and The Estate at Florentine Gardens!
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Thing about October-Yankees Playoffs! image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I second Florentine Gardens! I almost booked that place. It's sooo beautiful! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit Fall.weddings.com
  • Options
    Florentine Gardens and Crystal Plaza and Park Savoy are all similar with the old grand mansion type of feel. However, I dont think they have the same aesthetic of Grove, Venetian, or Rockleigh. I looked at all of them and many others but it depends what type of ambiance the OP is looking for.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I would go with the Grove, above the others. I have attended weddings there, and the food is amazing.

The ballroom is very large (although nice) and not very personal, which is kind of a bummer in my opinion - a bit "insert bride here." It was sooo large that it lost any personal touches or special characteristics. And, there are no windows in the main ballroom. But, the food was amazing, and you can use decorations to make the room more personal - but I don't know how much that would cost.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• Options
    gelaine22 said:
    Florentine Gardens and Crystal Plaza and Park Savoy are all similar with the old grand mansion type of feel. However, I dont think they have the same aesthetic of Grove, Venetian, or Rockleigh. I looked at all of them and many others but it depends what type of ambiance the OP is looking for.
    This is really good advice - some have more of a "club" feel (think uplighting and big empty spaces with marble) while others have more of a "romantic" or "garden historical" feel. It totally depends on the look you want.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• Options
    edited August 2013
    I just came back from a wedding this past weekend at Seasons and I think it would be perfect for you! It is owned by the same people as the Venetian and the similarities are striking except that it is lesser in price and the guest minimum (although it does not apply to you!) is less than the Venetian. Same menu, same marble, same exact feel as the Venetian just a tad smaller! I'll PM you with details.

ETA: edited for clarity.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit Fall.weddings.com
  • Options
    the venetian is unbelievable!! Just took a tour there yesterday day and WOW! It is so pretty the lady who showed us around Toni-Anne was so nice and was def selling it! She made me feel so comfortable and happy to be in the facility. She worked with me as soon as she figured out exactly what I wanted and made us a really nice deal. I do have a few other places I would like to look at with my fiancé, but they def made a great impression on us.
  • Options
    I don't know about pricing but I thought the food at The Grove was amazing.  I was just there for a wedding in November.  I was at the Venetian on the 9th for a wedding and the food was blah.  Nothing blew me away.  
    This has nothing to do with pricing haha.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you girlies! Ended up booking the Grove for November 2014! So excited! The people there have been very wonderful to us and we had an impromptu tasting at one visit - AMAZING. 
  • Options
    skatsoris said:

Thank you girlies! Ended up booking the Grove for November 2014! So excited! The people there have been very wonderful to us and we had an impromptu tasting at one visit - AMAZING. 

So exciting!! Congrats! I got married at the Grove last month and we looked at Venetian and Rockleigh. I worked with Alyssa. My guests still talk about the cocktail and dessert hours!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards