Not Engaged Yet

OLW

Re: OLW

• @cocobellaf, WHAAAAAAT???? That sucks and is lame! >:( I am now grumpy on your behalf.
  • @Amapola14 - as I walked through the house checking everything out, I got madder and madder.  HEADS WILL ROLL!!!!!  SOMEONE WILL PAY!!!!!
  • Oh my gosh, did they make it WORSE? Or literally just ignore everything and leave it exactly as it was?
  • edited October 2013
    well, the inside of the microwave looks better, and the dishes managed to get put in the dishwasher...  things that were NOT done?

shower door and ledge are still filthy. floors not vacuumed. nothing dusted in the living room AT ALL. dishwasher is still streaked. table wasn't polished. there was still a couple flies on the floor and on a windowsill that I noticed there yesterday. the tile floors were sticky and dull (not shiny like when they are mopped). the kitchen backsplash was still filthy and had sauce splats on it. the area around my Keurig and coffee cups still was nasty and there were coffee grinds everywhere. bedroom wasn't completely dusted. they didn't lift up pillows on the floor to vacuum, just around things. you can't even smell cleaning stuff anywhere. the vacuuming job was poor, stuff still on the carpet. 

that's just what I remember off the top of my head in a quick 5-minute glance over.

but she took the $20 tip I left.

• edited October 2013
    double post!
  • @cocobellaf no that's horrible!!!!! I was just thinking about getting a cleaning lady too! You better get your money back asap

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Wow. That is ridiculous. Let 'em have it, girl.
  • Holy hell, @CocoBellaF, that's awful! You BETTER get your $$ back!

• I already called and left a complaint and asked for a return call by a supervisor.  I plan to get my money back so I can pay the company that I've had out before to come clean before family comes in for Thanksgiving.  the company I had before did an EXCEPTIONAL job, like I talked about it for weeks. 
  • I plan to get my money back, or I'll leave bad reviews and call the BBB.  not out of spite, but because it's wrong and I don't want other people to get ripped off either.  so it's simple:  refund or BBB and bad (but honest) reviews.  I am making sure that we don't really touch anything, just in case they want to come "inspect".
  • @CocoBellaF - I'm annoyed on your behalf too. This was a groupon-type thingy, right? I've found that some businesses totally half-ass their Groupon deals because they don't think buyers will be repeat customers - which is ridiculous because if they did a good job, they will at least get some repeat customers.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @hummingbird125 - yes, it was a Groupon deal...  but oh well, too bad for them!  MUAHAHAHAHA.
  • edited October 2013
    @CocoBellaF - I'd totally post a bad review on Yelp or something if I were you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @hummingbird125 - I'm going to give them a chance to fix it before I do that, and if they DO fix it satisfactorily, I'll leave a review that the service I received wasn't acceptable but that they did refund my money (or provide me with 5 years free cleaning, whatever) in a timely manner.  I want to be fair, so I'll wait and see what happens.
  • @CocoBellaF, that sounds like a really good approach.

I have another letter:

Dear school,

ZOMG, THANK YOU FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP! :D

I love opening letters that say people will give me money.

So much love,
    Broke nursing student
  • Dear Wednesday,

Why is it that everything today involves 5 extra steps and goes wrong besides?

Yours most sincerely,
    Stitches
  • Dear students,

Thank you for coming to class more prepared this week than you usually do, even though you have an exam. I do notice the difference.

Sincerely,
    Your TF

Dear weekend,

You were supposed to be enjoyable (hair cut, buying stamps for save-the-dates, 1.5 hour massage, Halloween party, dress shopping). Now, you will be stressful (have to prepare a paper presentation AND grade 115 exams before Monday morning). Dislike.

Best,
    Tired grad student

Dear cells,

Please trypsinize quickly today!!!

Thanks,
    A scientist

And finally,

Dear Sox,

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love,
    A dedicated member of the Nation
    (PS 4 of my friends are in line for tickets--I hope they get in!)

Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @elle1036 your post opened with line breaks for me...but I'm on my phone lol
    I went back and manually added some with the code to clean it up a little. It's way too much trouble to do that every time, though, so I may just have to make peace with sloppy posts.
  • One more, unfortunately:

Dear lab,
    Today you are a cursed space. I know this. Why was it necessary to have the toolbox jump out into my walking path? (You all saw it, right?)
    Sincerely,
    Not 5:00 yet ...
  • @phira - I LOVE it. My evaluations on the un-bearded looks: 

1. Napoli - He's hot with scruff. 
    2. Buchholz - Looks like a meth head, either way. Just a 12-year-old one without a beard.
    3. Salty - Adorable.
    4. Ross - ADORABLE. I just want to squeeze him. He has gorgeous eyes.
    5. Pedroia - With a short beard, he looks just like my BF with a short beard. I approve. I need to get a picture of what BF looks like with his current playoff beard. It's uncanny.
    6. Papi - I like his chinstrap look.
    7. Carp - Gingers have no souls. Beards or not.
    8. Gomes - Hot. 

*******************************************************************************************

• motoLyn said:
    Dear elastic on my shirt dress,

Why you have to choke the shit of out my stomach?  You are now demoted to shirt and I have to wear tights with you.

Sincerely,
    My belly doesn't appreciate being strangled

Dear Santa Fe Chicken Salad,

Can you please turn your self into a fried chicken breast with mashed potatos and mac & cheese for lunch today? I would appreciate that very much.

Love,
    Hungry lady

Dear @beanbot2002,

How do you deal with your body rebelling against you?  I sometimes feel like I'm thinking one thing and my body does the other.

Love,
    First timer

Dear People in Chat,

I <3 you tis all.

Love,
    ME

I just fart and move on? Honestly. I know you guys are sick of hearing about my gas all the time. BUT I HAVE SO MUCH OF IT RIGHT NOW! It's insane! With the MS, I just tried to soldier through it. I ate what I wanted, because it changed from minute to minute, and because I was so sick for several weeks I figured just eat what you can. So I did. I think I ate Jerry's Subs for a week straight because it was the only thing I could stomach. I also napped. A lot. Like, I got home from work at 5pm, slept till 7pm, made Bean dinner, and went back to sleep.

Basically, to sum it all up, I gave my body what it was asking for. If it wanted food, I gave it the food it wanted. If it wanted sleep, I slept. Just do what you can to get through the fatigue and sickness, and I promise you there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I finally started feeling normal a few weeks back. Every once in a while I have a day where I feel more tired or more queasy, but they come less and less each week.

You are going to be AMAZING!!!!! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo!!!!!

"Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• @BriSox81 I can't stop looking at Salty without the beard. Mmmmmm. But Gomes just looks like ... I'd never have recognized him
    Anniversary
  • Dear @peaseblossom55 Good luck on your test!!! You can rock it!!! Soooo many vibes -blue&white Dear @elle1036 So excited you're back! How is life going? -blue&white Dear FI's mom, I don't really get this whole "precancerous" diagnosis and I understand you don't either. But I recommend not googling ever cause dr google is scary as crap. I love you, I know you're crazy anxious, and I can't wait until the doctor makes this nonsense go away -precancer is no less scary than the c-word ugh Dear Abby lee miller, You are psychotic. How come you can't be arrested for abusing other people's kids? But how come I keep watching? Is it really abuse if the kids like it? -I'm so confused by your presence. I was probably scarred by my similar ballet teacher as a youth Dear body, Please sleep appropriately tonight. I have no idea why you are tired today. Weirdo -brain
    Thanks!! Sorry my brain is like mush and I wasn't sure if I quoted your name right.

Anniversary

• @peaseblossom55 so happy for you!! You are so close!!!

@brisox81 buchholz went to school with my little brother...he always looks like a 12 year old to me lol
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • @peaseblossom55 so happy for you!! You are so close!!! @brisox81 buchholz went to school with my little brother...he always looks like a 12 year old to me lol
    thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

Anniversary

• AAAAAAAAAAAAAH WE WON THE WORLD SERIES
    Anniversary
  • I know this is old, but I just left another message with the cleaning company.  I asked them to call me by the close of business today, or that I would be calling the Better Business Bureau.  GRRRRRRR.  I took a closer look at our shower.  SHE JUST WIPED ONE DOOR.  the inside of the shower is still filthy.  so is the bath tub.  ARGH!
  • Ew. Totally justified. Ew ew ew ...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards