Wedding Invitations & Paper

Average cost of postage?

I know it all depends on shape/size/weight, but I was just wondering what peoples invitations cost to mail (per invite). What was included on your invitation etc? Just trying to get a general idea. Thanks ladies! :)

Re: Average cost of postage?

• We were able to use standard Forever stamps for ours, so 46 cents/invitation, plus 33 cents for each response postcard (79 cents total). 

We had:
    - a cardstock flat invitation, sized 5"x7"
    - a cardstock RSVP postcard, sized 4.25"x5.5"
    - an insert that was half a sheet of letter paper, folded
    - envelope
  • We used a standard Forever stamp for the invite and response envelope.

Invite and 3 enclosures were all made of cardstock and met weight requirements for the normal stamp.
  • edited October 2013
    66 cents for 2 ounce mail
    46 cents for 1 ounce mail
    33 cents for postcards (not in envelopes)

Mine was $.46 & $.33 as I didn't have anything heavy and used postcards for the response card.

Many standard invites and enclosures should be under 1 ounce.
    Pocketfolders and wax seals will greatly increase weight.
    Square or over or under sized pieces require extra postage.

Here are some guidelines. Click the size tab:
    GL!

ETA: I used the CELEBRATE forever stamps. They were fun and I bought them for the thank you notes too. Any left overs can be used on birthday cards or holidays. Not as restrictive as the wedding ones IMHO :)
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• We used the 65 or 66 cent (can't recall) standard wedding stamp. We had:

Trifold invite
    Info insert
    RSVP card with stamped envelope (standard forever stamp here)

With the outer postage plus the RSVP postage, it was a little over a dollar per invite.
    *********************************************************************************

• emmyg65 said:
    We were able to use standard Forever stamps for ours, so 46 cents/invitation, plus 33 cents for each response postcard (79 cents total). 

We had:
    - a cardstock flat invitation, sized 5"x7"
    - a cardstock RSVP postcard, sized 4.25"x5.5"
    - an insert that was half a sheet of letter paper, folded
    - envelope

I did the same. My manager got invites done with a heavier card stock and I think square too, it cost her $1.20 to send each invite

• We used the wedding cake for the outside (I think it's 65 cent).  We had outer envelope, inner envelope, invitation, RSVP card, RSVP envelope, direction card and accommodation card.  We also used a love stamp (46 cents) on the return RSVP envelope.

Whatever you decide for invitation enclosures, make sure you get it weighed at two different post offices to be sure you're being told the correct amount.  In addition, we sent a "test" invitation to ourselves to make sure it went through ok.
  • Weight-wise we were told to use the 66 cent stamp but since we had the wax seals and had to have them hand-canceled it added an extra 20 cents. (So then the 89 cent stamp was our next option)

We had 5x7 card stock invite, 1 enclosure, 1 RSVP card with envelope, inner envelope, outer envelope and the aforementioned wax seal (which truthfully did not add a lot of weight since it was a self-adhesive one and pretty light)

I went to 2 post offices mostly b/c the first one did not have the 89 cent wedding stamp (they just had one with a weird bird on it) Truthfully, the 2nd one didn't have anything other than the bird either  so I ended up using 2 forever stamps on the outside (I was done and over it by that point) but it was nice to have the weight verified in 2 places just in case!
  • Ours were $0.66 for the invites and a $0.33 for the RSVP (postcard).  The invites were 5X7 cardstock with one 4X6 enclosure card, and one postcard sized RSVP.  They make a $0.66 wedding stamp you can buy (so you don't have to use multiple stamps).  My suggestion is to hold off on buying postage until everything is printed.  Take an invite ready to mail to the post office, have them weigh and purchase accordingly.  That way you're not left with postage you can't use.  Also, a suggestion our printer told us was to have the invite weighed at the post office where you intend to mail the invites at.  That way you know their scale will match what you expect.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards